Sound card. $20 budget.

clp

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Hey guys. I want a sound card. I am currently using a splitter in the green Rear Panel 3.5 mm jack, for a JBL theater subwoofer and ALTEC AC35 speakers. I'd like a card that will give good audio quality, etc... Please find me one! I don't know much about this kind of stuff. I have a thing where my subwoofer has a 3.5 mm jack at the end. I'm also thinking about adding another single speaker.

Thanks, Clp.

jpoos

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
err, fleabay for something used? about all you're gonna get for $20 that's not completely ***. seen lots of the dell oem version of the x-fi extreme gamer cards around recently for cheap, think model number was sb0770.

I have one of those myself. :) Finding drivers is a bear, though (Creative doesn't support it and there aren't any updated drivers from Dell for Win 7, so you have to use Daniel_K or PAX drivers).

pauls3743

Distinguished
^+1

I would stick with the on-board audio card as well. The vast majority of on-board cards these days have excellent audio, support 7.1 analogue output and an optical output which can be used with a surround sound system.

Of course, that's assuming you have one of the many half decent motherboards that's been built in the last few years.

asalikus

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
+1