Well I just received my newegg shipment in the mail and it won't turn on. There are many details but I'll try my best to give what I find to be most important:
1. I have a blue LED fan on my PSU and the light doesn't turn on when I plug in my computer, but I don't know if it should.
2. When the PSU is plugged in by itself it doesn't happen, but when it's plugged into the motherboard there's an odd almost gas/new car smell.
3. I have a power and reset button on my motherboard and they light up but do nothing when pressed.
4. I have an open box motherboard.
5. I just assumed that my CPU would only go in one way, maybe it wasn't mounted correctly.
What psu do you have?Where in the case is the psu? (top or bottom)
Does your case have any fans/ what case do you have?
Is the processor fan turning on?
Do you have a discrete graphics card installed?
Sorry about the number of questions.
reason I asked about case fans was because if they work the psu works, anyway. If you plug the computer into your monitor (through one of the graphics cards outputs) does it not recognize anything or does it say no signal? If it says no signal, but recognizes something, your motherboard is most likely faulty.