Good quality, high cfm 120mm fan.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
i would trust the silverstone, they usually make very high quality products. just because that 1 review said its bad doesnt make it bad, most people that write reviews on newegg are incredably... n00b. i guess if r like the other people and dont like the fan controller u can take it off, but there very useful, id suggest getting a 5.25 fan controller and filling ur computer with those fans.

also check out
www.xoxide.com
www.frozencpu.com
for other fans, they have very powerful 120mm's

i dont see why you would need/want that much airflow, r u overclocking or is ur comp running hot? IMO its not worth the noise of buying fans if u already have them and ur not overheating...

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I have 3 of those FM121 120mm fans from Silverstone for my water cooling rads. Very high quality fans and great noise to cfm performance. I got my set to medium low rmp and gives me superb airflow compare to other fans I have. Pricey but good quality isn't cheap either. It's by far the best fans I have ever used on my rig.

tmac

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
My new rig will be waer-cooled, so I have different
requirements.

The fans that I'm getting are the (120 mm) Scythe Flex Fans (1600 rpm)
But they only have 63.7 CFM - There will be 6 of those guys running -
( 3 for a radiator - built on top of the case, one intake, one outtake, one
side fan. So I wanted them to be quiet. They will also be on a fan-controller, so I can cut down on the rpms.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
The Thermaltake fan is good also but not as powerful as the FM121. Also for the fan controller for FM121, yeah it's 3.5" but I hide mine controllers inside the case.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
i havnt looked in a while but xoxide has a sumon or somthin fan with 112 CFM i think was like 13 bux... dba was pretty high last time i checked, but could be fixed with a fan controller and the extra CFM would be there if the comp got really hot, since its summer overheating will happen more often :p

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
nah it was http://www.xoxide.com/120mmsunonfan.html ... thats only 90 CFM tho and pretty loud, if u want a good combo of noise/CFM then deff get the thermaltake, and if u dont mind red http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-high-performance-120mm-fan.html is incredable, 78 CFM at 21 dba, i duno bout u but my cpu/gpu fans are louder than that... id go for that all the way and also 8 bux, its a bargin lol

meh, for that price ill get Antec Tricool.

I think im goin with the 85 cfm thermaltake.

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
yeah i know a tad expensive there is another called "yet lun" made in china.... quiet and efficient... I think its cheaper than panflo....

I can help you justify the cost of the panflo .....

The panflow is almost 2x as thick as a standard 120mm fan!
It pushes about 3.5x as much air
but only generates about 35db

I think its worth the money..... it may be 2x more than a normal fan but it is 2x as effective...... you pay for what you get i guess.... It depends on what you are going to use the fan for..... If its just to cool a HD then get a cheap fan but to cool CPU get a nice fan