Nokia 6230 fw 3.15 faults

Last response: in Brands
May 19, 2004 9:43:41 PM

Hi,

I just bought my phone.

Nice, good looking, handy, acceptable battery life (for what I am
doing now).

I noticed some "failures":

A Bluetooth headset (Jabra 200) works for voice contact, but that is
all. For radio it does NOT work, the nokia expects a plug in the
phone..

I can switch radio sound from earphone to loudspeaker ONLY when an
earphone is plugged in. When I disconnect the earphone I cannot even
turn off the radio!

When I have plugged in and plug out the profile does not return to
what is was before.

Phoning business (that is why I bought this beast) is ok! All the
features of 6310i, and that is ok.

I'll keep digging.

Willem.

--
Strip s from wblinks for email.

More about : nokia 6230 faults

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 9:43:42 PM

On Wed, 19 May 2004 17:43:41 +0200, Willem van den Blink
<wblinks@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just bought my phone.
>
>Nice, good looking, handy, acceptable battery life (for what I am
>doing now).
>
>I noticed some "failures":
>
>A Bluetooth headset (Jabra 200) works for voice contact, but that is
>all. For radio it does NOT work, the nokia expects a plug in the
>phone..
>
>I can switch radio sound from earphone to loudspeaker ONLY when an
>earphone is plugged in. When I disconnect the earphone I cannot even
>turn off the radio!

Have you tried pressing and holding the hang up/end call key?

>When I have plugged in and plug out the profile does not return to
>what is was before.
>
>Phoning business (that is why I bought this beast) is ok! All the
>features of 6310i, and that is ok.
>
>I'll keep digging.
>
>Willem.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 9:56:09 PM

In a blinding flash of insight Willem van den Blink <wblinks@xs4all.nl>
put forth fingers to the keyboard and produced the following
masterpiece of literature:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought my phone.
>
> Nice, good looking, handy, acceptable battery life (for what I am
> doing now).
>
> I noticed some "failures":
>
> A Bluetooth headset (Jabra 200) works for voice contact, but that is
> all. For radio it does NOT work, the nokia expects a plug in the
> phone..
>
> I can switch radio sound from earphone to loudspeaker ONLY when an
> earphone is plugged in. When I disconnect the earphone I cannot even
> turn off the radio!

Ancient old chestnut this one mate, for all the Series 40 phones with
Radio... The headset is needed, becuase THAT'S what is the aerial for the
radio. So Loudspeaker mode or not, you need the handsfree, becuase you need
the aerial.

> When I have plugged in and plug out the profile does not return to
> what is was before.
>
> Phoning business (that is why I bought this beast) is ok! All the
> features of 6310i, and that is ok.
>
> I'll keep digging.
>
> Willem.

As for the rest, fair points indeed. 3.14 was the first verison, on my
g/f's phone, as this was very buggy, and Caller Groups didn't work until you
factory reset the phone for one time.

3.15 as I have, is a little better, but still lots of bugs, and the
Bluetooth stack will STILL only connect and pair with full secure devices
(that is devices that use user passkey authentication, not device passkey or
something techical like that).

RUMOUR only, but the next is meant to be firmware 3.27, so if so, that looks
to be a bigger jump, so hopefully more fixes...

--

Shadamehr

"Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam
possit materiari?"
!