Disk Drive won't recognize name of CD

December 24, 2004 6:55:01 PM

I put in a CD Rom labeld Stuff for example and the name is recognized. Later
I put in a disk named windows and it recognizes that there is a Disk in the
drive but it is still named Stuff and not windows What's wrong here? how do I
fix it??

More about : disk drive recognize

Anonymous
December 24, 2004 11:35:38 PM

"djjdtx4" <djjdtx4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I put in a CD Rom labeld Stuff for example and the name is recognized.
>Later
> I put in a disk named windows and it recognizes that there is a Disk in
> the
> drive but it is still named Stuff and not windows What's wrong here? how
> do I
> fix it??

I assume that you saw all this in the "My Computer" window. To have an
updated view of your current drives, including CDs, select Refresh from the
View menu.

Mark Delaney, MCT
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 10:23:03 AM

Already tried it doesn't work. I can go in and poplate the disk drive and I
see the correct contents but it still will not show up correctly when I go
back to my computer.

!