Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Are these temps ok for an I3

Last response: in CPUs
September 3, 2012 4:12:33 AM

I have an Asus X54 laptop with an I3 2330m that I felt was running kind of hot. I took the laptop apart and using compressed air dusted everything. Then I took apart the fan and heatsink and gave that a good dusting too. I put everything back together and cleaned off the old thermal paste with a non lint cloth and rubbing alcohol. I re-applied new thermal paste and put the laptop back together. Now I am getting temps between 45-49 degrees across the two cores. The "package" is coming in at 47-50 degrees. I want to see if these temps are ok. I know it's a laptop but it still seems kind of high.

More about : temps

Best solution

a c 95 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
September 3, 2012 7:11:11 AM

I assume these are idle temps, those are okay for a laptop. Load temperatures are more important though. You can try stress testing utilities like Prime95, though I would really watch your temps if you do that in case they shoot up too high. Sadly, Laptops do not have the greatest cooling, so even cleaned out they won't run as cool as a desktop system.
September 3, 2012 11:13:42 AM

What are the normal range to maximum normal range temparature for Phenom ii X4 965?
m
l
Related resources
September 3, 2012 6:02:59 PM

Best answer selected by bjfaia5.
m
l
September 3, 2012 6:19:18 PM

Supernova1138 said:
I assume these are idle temps, those are okay for a laptop. Load temperatures are more important though. You can try stress testing utilities like Prime95, though I would really watch your temps if you do that in case they shoot up too high. Sadly, Laptops do not have the greatest cooling, so even cleaned out they won't run as cool as a desktop system.

Yea I know. I guess I was hoping for a little more of a drop.
m
l
!