Sign in with
Your question
Solved

AMD Fx 6100 Vs AMD FX4100

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
September 3, 2012 4:50:57 AM

going for upgrade system ,pl suggest better of above cpu mated with either gigabyte GA 880 Gm USB 3 / ASUS m5 a 88 ,want a overall boost in system performance on daily basis ie booting loading opening applications & some midsize games

More about : amd 6100 amd fx4100

Best solution

a c 283 à CPUs
a b À AMD
September 3, 2012 4:53:14 AM

Honestly, neither. I would go with a Phenom II X4 965 BE, if you have to build right now. It's better than both.

Can you wait a month and half or two, though (mid October to possibly November)? If you can, the much smarter option is to wait and see what Piledriver brings to the table. This is a really bad time to buy a Bulldozer CPU.
September 3, 2012 8:28:47 AM

thank you for the input :)  .what is special about piledriver series cpu?
are they(amd) phasing out bulldozers ?
I might wait if piledriver seems to have a better option.
phenom X4 965 is out of budget & non availability
m
l
Related resources
a c 283 à CPUs
a b À AMD
September 3, 2012 5:51:20 PM

sscalcuttawala said:
thank you for the input :)  .what is special about piledriver series cpu?
are they(amd) phasing out bulldozers ?
I might wait if piledriver seems to have a better option.
phenom X4 965 is out of budget & non availability

Piledriver is just the evolution of Bulldozer, but it should be 10-15% faster.

I don't think AMD is stopping production of Bulldozer (at least not immediately after Piledriver is released), but when AMD's previous generation beats it and Piledriver is so close, it just doesn't make any sense to buy a Bulldozer CPU right now.

And the 965's are the exact same price as the 4100 over here in the US (at Newegg), and cheaper, of course the the 6100, and it seems to be the best Phenom II that's still easily available here.
m
l
September 10, 2012 4:35:58 PM

Best answer selected by sscalcuttawala.
m
l
!