Does this PSU have enough power to run HD 6870 Crossfire?

For a system using two Radeon HD 6870 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 45 Amps or greater and have at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

If you are overclocking the i5-2500K you will need to add the appropriate amount of amperage to the combined +12 Volt continuous current rating based on the magnitude of your overclock.

The OCZ ModXStream Pro Series 600W (OCZ600MXSP), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 42 Amps and with one 6-pin and one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is insufficient to properly power your system configuration with two Radeon HD 6870 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode and with CPU overclocking.

It would be enough if you don't overclock the CPU and GPUs and you never run Furmark or OCCT GPU:3D stress testing but I've learned to never make that assumption.

xan8ter

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Yes, i will work but You will be border to system crashes.
For 1 6850, it's ok, but twice. If you plan to overclock a little, your system will be unstable.

So, No !, for CrossFire with 6850,
Try to choose something greather or equal to 750w.