Can't Force 3D settings in Catalyst Control Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanbaker3

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hey guys,

This is probably a really stupid n00by mistake or something, but I am trying to use Catalyst Control Center to change the 3d settings of Skyrim and they seem to have NO EFFECT, as if the program is being stubborn/refusing the AMD video changes. I've tried running things as Administrator. I am using a mod launcher called Nexus Mod Manager. I noticed that it DID seem to work (but maybe it was just my imagination) initially right after install, but then stopped and now it does nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Solution
you have to turn off the settings in game, then go into CCC and create a game profile, telling CCC to control the vid settings for that game

in CCC go to the gaming section, create a profile, uncheck the box next to "use application settings" then choose your settings in CCC.....then save your settings

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
you have to turn off the settings in game, then go into CCC and create a game profile, telling CCC to control the vid settings for that game

in CCC go to the gaming section, create a profile, uncheck the box next to "use application settings" then choose your settings in CCC.....then save your settings

Solution

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
am glad it worked for you, i tried it myself, but my little 5770 couldnt really take advantage, so i just went back to the defaults. plus after 300 hours on one character i actually found nearly everything and havent play in more than a month :) i am looking for to expansions though!

hey i finally got a "best answer"! go me!

Status
Not open for further replies.