Closed Solved

Can't Force 3D settings in Catalyst Control Center?

Hey guys,

This is probably a really stupid n00by mistake or something, but I am trying to use Catalyst Control Center to change the 3d settings of Skyrim and they seem to have NO EFFECT, as if the program is being stubborn/refusing the AMD video changes. I've tried running things as Administrator. I am using a mod launcher called Nexus Mod Manager. I noticed that it DID seem to work (but maybe it was just my imagination) initially right after install, but then stopped and now it does nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks!
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about force settings catalyst control center
  1. Thought I should add my rig details:

Gigabyte Radeon 6870 1GB
    i7 2600K
    8 GB 1600 Mhz Ram
    Win 7 64-bit
  2. did you try the game setting first
  3. When I set the game to use AA, I get distorted textures on some surfaces - kind of like big missing pixels! Weird...
  4. then your settings are to high so the card could not support them
  5. I still get max FPS when those options are selected though. And when I select 2x AA as the only additional option in game, I still get the same problem. Must be a Skyrim bug?
  6. Best answer
    you have to turn off the settings in game, then go into CCC and create a game profile, telling CCC to control the vid settings for that game

in CCC go to the gaming section, create a profile, uncheck the box next to "use application settings" then choose your settings in CCC.....then save your settings
  7. +1 to Humphreybot's answer. Make sure the AA settings are off in the game settings before forcing them through the drivers (CCC).
  8. Best answer selected by jonathanbaker3.
  9. Creating the game profile seemed to work, and then using it exclusively. Thanks!
  10. am glad it worked for you, i tried it myself, but my little 5770 couldnt really take advantage, so i just went back to the defaults. plus after 300 hours on one character i actually found nearly everything and havent play in more than a month :) i am looking for to expansions though!

hey i finally got a "best answer"! go me!
  11. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
  12. This topic has been reopen by Mousemonkey
  13. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
  14. This topic has been reopen by Mousemonkey
  15. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Catalyst 3D Graphics