Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Has anyone heard of your cable modem shutting down due to to much info?

See The Internet company thinks if they lower my bandwith it will fix the problem. Then I m thinking if they do this. I'm getting a slower connection.

Here when problems happen. Late at night like 10 to 5am in the morning. US PC time. That when there little or no Traffic.

This has been happing for the last 4 months.

The modem I have is a molrola SB5100 Cable Modem http://broadband.motorola.com/catalog/productdetail.asp?ProductID=340

riser

Illustrious
Tell them to send a tech out to check signals on your line and change your cable modem out.

You might even want to work on getting to their teir 3 support to have them readd your info into their routers.

riser

Illustrious
I think the FCC might have more tasty fish to fry in this case.. But I'd try switching that stuff out first and have a tech test your lines. Who knows, the cables might need replaced leading into your house.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Here the thing. They replaced the Cable lines. Let me show a list of things they blame it on

3 weeks ago Grapevine Fire
before that it was due to techical diffaltys in your area you will have disconnection Problems. This gone on for 4 Months now.

riser

Illustrious
Normally they'll give you credit on your bill for this.

If it's outside your house, you have no control over it at all. It's all on the cable guy coming out. Your best bet is to get a cable person out there, either cable internet or tv, and just be cool and talk with them and they'll probably help you out. They normally will know that people are idiots at work and they get sh1t on all the time. Just as them what the problem could be, and they'll do the work and tell you what needs fixed. If you're cool with them, they'll help you out.

But you just have to get a tech to come out your way.. other than that, you're stuck.