Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good system to run diablo 3 on?

Last response: in Systems
May 16, 2012 6:47:30 AM

I was just browsing looking for a for an machine within my price range of 600-700 for a new computer with the advent of diablo 3's release. When I came across this blog http://affordablehomebuiltcomputer.weebly.com What are your guys opinions? Would you buy this machine?

More about : good system run diablo

a b B Homebuilt system
May 16, 2012 7:10:24 AM

no, i dont even know where that psu came from. sounds like one that will explode on 50% load at that price. really if one had exactally no idea where to start, heres a few options:

Falcon Guide
Hardware Revolution 600-$ budget
Hardware Revolution mainstream computers

Outdated version of HW Gaming Laptops

when you get into more detail with a build, you learn to use benchmark sites(usually between this site and anandtech and a few others). read reviews on parts like johnnyguru's psu reviews. utilize charts and comparisons through this site, anandtech, eggxpert for psu quality and continuously gets deeper and deeper.

tl;dr bad computer build, you can easily build a ~500$ that will pass it better for DIII

worst part is that the person bought a dedicated cpu fan for a cpu that's not a k series intel chip. ON an h61 board, a board not meant for overclocking. has the wrong clock level for the i5-3450s(which the s series has a lower tdp and clock than the normal series, defeating the purpose of the dedicated cpu fan) an unessessary amount of psu power from a not well known company.
May 16, 2012 9:20:40 AM

ok thanks for the help!
!