Budget gaming build..pls help... just a bit..

kentthegamer

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
pls, i want to finish my problem and that is by seeking answers from you guys

CPU : core i3 2100 @ 3.1Ghz
Mobo : ECS h61h2-m2 (b3) v.1
RAM : G.skill Ares 8GB ddr3 1333mhz ram
GPU : HD 6870 ddr5 1GB Powercolor
PSU : 500W strikex aerocool 80 plus bronze.
Case : Aerocool VS4

WISH : I want to play ALL DEMANDING GAMES at MAXED SETTINGS at my native resolution 1366x768

PROBLEM : 1) Can my rig fulfill my WISH? 2) is my PSU good for my rig?

that's all guys, that's all.... i just reposted this coz only a 3 or 4 at max replied..... please and please.......

Scotty99

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
1. I have been building systems for 15 years now, and the only brand of motherboards i can say stay away from is ECS, i have personally had 2 of them fail on me withing a year or two. Biostar is the king of budget boards, or asrock.

2. I have never heard of that PSU manufacturer, or case for that matter. 500w is more than enough for your rig, i would personally stick to a more well known brand tho. (maybe you are in a different country and they are better known there, i dunno).

3. Yes, that setup should be able to play "most" games at max, with a few exceptions like battlefied 3 and metro 2033.

Be aware that a lot of times you can find the i3-2120 for cheaper than the 2100, its a bit faster.

The only other advice i can give is search for benchmarks for the games you play most, sometimes nvidia can play a game much better than AMD and vice versa. The GTX 560 is the equivalent nvidia card to the 6870.

kentthegamer

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011

i'm also planning to change my cpu to core i3 2120 which is a bit faster and prices are very close :)
thanks, very well explained... thanks...... yeah, i was thinking of buying biostar, i'll try to change my mobo....

aerocool? haven't heard of that? i guess it's pretty popular here in asia, maybe.. or maybe not... btw im from philippines, and aerocool psu looks sick :D, oh, can you recommend me some cheap branded psu's? not too cheap, just affordable :)

i was relieved when you said "play most games at max" and "few exceptions" lol, haha... i guess bf3 is just a bit "heavy" game, i played it through my old rig and having playable fps(30 above)@ some ultra and high with shadows at medium on a gts 450 just a ddr3 gfx card.. anyways.. well yeah metro 2033 i guess it's a one heck of a game ppl says it nailed down many pc's... so i'll check it out..

you're right gtx560 = hd 6870, so i'll search for more benches to finalize it out..

thank you so much for helping me, i really appreciated it ... godbless

kentthegamer

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011

yeah ur right, my cousin told me that too, i was just attracted by its look and it's cheap price, all i forgot is its quality... thanks for reminding me tho,

thanks for your help and for reading..... i really appreciate it. god bless

kentthegamer

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011

yeah others recommend them those brands too, i heard them a couple of times... but they are a bit expensive im planning to buy a FSP psu (http://www.10stripe.com/featured/psu/brand.php) ranked 4th of the recommended psu's.. is it good too?

i guess i need to sacrifice a bit rather than burning my rig. thanks..

kentthegamer

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011

thanks.. oh .. and one more question... what's the difference if i get a generic RAM instead of a Branded RAM?