CM Storm Stryker with Corsair H100 (Airflow Question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynoszs

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Howdy Guys.

Currently in the middle of building a new rig (still)
I'm letting the PC store build it since they're doing it for free and will replace anything faulty etc.

Have had some issues with cooling and cases.
Originally went with the Antec P193 and H100. This would not fit.
Changed it to the Intel Watercooling solution. Everything went well but when it came to put the side panel on(with fan) it will not fit.

Thus, We're now going with the Cooler Master Storm Stryker and H100.
Now, I do not want to remove the 200MM top side fan, So I'm wondering, I've seen some Video Reviews for the Cooler Master Stryker and I've noticed that in the bottom, there is room to fit a 240MM radiator.

Would it be wise to fit my H100 radiator with 2x 120MM Fans on the bottom of the Cooler Master Stryker Storm Case?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0KTWM8Ftcw#t=23m20s @ 23minutes 20 seconds for 3 minutes.

I'll also rotate the hard drive fans to suck air in from the front of the case.
CPU cooling from the bottom up.
Exhaust from the rear and top.
Would this work well or is putting the radiator on the bottom a NO NO?

PC RIG.
Intel I7 3960X (will overclock to 4.5ghz)
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
GTX 690
Win 7

Thanks heaps.

Solution

I'm sorry, I don't have any good feedback on this idea besides the fact that it's an awesome idea, but just a question; from what I understood, the H100 is to cool the CPU. If it were at the bottom of the case, wouldn't the 'tubing' get in the way of the Gfx card ? It'll feel a little cluttered I think. I just looked at the video and noticed the tubes, would it be long enough?
Forgive me, I don't know much about building rigs, nor do I have any experience. Please please update us, or me, with your results and if you went ahead with this idea.
Good luck!

Raynoszs

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Update:
Here is a picture of my intentions.
Will this work ok?
PC_Airflow.jpg

http://postimage.org/image/oybiytyqv/

mocco123

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Hi,

I personally have my H80 as exhaust in the back, but thats only a 120mm so that wont work. I've seen alot of people putting it in the bottom of the case. I think your best bet is just to try and see what has the better cooling, but it should be fine. As for the airflow it looks good with intake in front and bottom and exhaust in the rear and top.

SirRail

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

I'm sorry, I don't have any good feedback on this idea besides the fact that it's an awesome idea, but just a question; from what I understood, the H100 is to cool the CPU. If it were at the bottom of the case, wouldn't the 'tubing' get in the way of the Gfx card ? It'll feel a little cluttered I think. I just looked at the video and noticed the tubes, would it be long enough?
Forgive me, I don't know much about building rigs, nor do I have any experience. Please please update us, or me, with your results and if you went ahead with this idea.
Good luck!

Solution

memir0

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
im if i thinking of building a new gaming computer with this case. Do you think it will stay cool if i put a H100i radiator on the top with pull and have only the back fan as exhaust?

Stigmatix

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
I'm looking into the CM Storm Trooper which is the same case as the Stryker Storm and I'm also wanting to add an H100i into this case, but when I look at pictures it seems like it would be a little cramped and so I'm stuck between the Storm Trooper, Azza Genesis, or the NZXT Switch 810.

Raynoszs

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012

Hey guys, thanks for your response.

Anyways, the build is all done I've just been late in responding.

The final solution was mount the radiator on the top, you'd have to remove the large exhaust fan that comes with the case.

The radiator performs very well, I rarely see my temperature go over 40C when gaming on Ultra settings.
GFX gets to 60C and doesn't bother going higher than that.

CPU is usually idling at around 26C.

However, I do live in NZ, Our temperature ranges are lower than most. Ambient in my room is about 24C.

Status
Not open for further replies.