Sign in with
Your question

Low FPS on video games.

Last response: in CPUs
September 3, 2012 3:41:35 PM

Hello, I have visited countless forums to solve my problem. So far without any succes but my gaming experience is just terrible now so as a last hope I'm going to make this topic, to get some help from experts.
As the title says my FPS is just horrible in all games I play.
I used to play BF3, but my fps drops to 10-20 once the fighting starts. Maybe my pc is a little bit too weak for BF3, but why could I play it perfectly when it came out?
So I tried the same with 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein', it's a game from 2001. But also on this game my FPS drops to 15-20.
Lowering my settings on my games is barely working, or not working at all.
These are my specs:( I am not very familiar with all these things, so if I missed something.. Just say it ;)  )

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55A-UD4

RAM: 4096 MB

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Monitor: IIyama Prolite E2208HDSV 22"

I updated my drivers and done some virus scans. Nothing helped so far.

Thanks in advance,

Cherry.

More about : low fps video games

September 3, 2012 3:55:03 PM

Hmm.. So previously you could run BF3 perfectly on high settings and now you're getting frame drops?
I might imagine the Driver Updates for your ATI card could be the culprit, I only say this because my friend experienced a similar problem with his gaming experience when he updated his Graphics Card (ATI)
Could be a directx 10 to directx 11 issue.
I'm just giving idea, I'm not expert on this. Hopefully it helps.
September 3, 2012 3:57:47 PM

your config is good. i can play BF3 smoothly with my amd XII 240 CPU(which is way below ur CPU in standards) and radeon HD 5670. you can try first all the basic stuffs like cleaning your temp files, disk defragmentation etc. If these dont work, there is no other way but to clean-install the windows 7 OS after taking your backup.
Related resources
September 3, 2012 7:50:13 PM

The temparatures of my processor are around 93°C while running a game.
The temperatures of my graphics card are around 51°C.
a c 146 à CPUs
September 4, 2012 12:43:33 AM

Well there's your problem, the cpu is getting too hot and throttling itself down. Check to see if the heatsink is properly mounted. You will probably want to replace the thermal paste. I recommend this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Here's a guide on how to do it but if you have the stock round cooler, you may want to apply a bb sized dot instead of a line. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/333968-28-thermal-pas...
!