Sign in with
Your question

Pls help. building a budget gaming rig.. pls dont ignore.

Last response: in Systems
May 16, 2012 1:39:15 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: 1st or 2nd week of June

Budget Range: just up to 26600 pesos(philippine currency) or $619

System Usage from Most to Least Important: mostly gaming, EYECANDY gaming :) 

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://dynaquestpc.com/ and other philippine based sites :) 

Parts Preferences: CPU : core i3 2100 @ 3.1Ghz
Mobo : ECS h61h2-m2 (b3) v.1
RAM : G.skill Ares 8GB ddr3 1333mhz ram
GPU : HD 6870 ddr5 1GB Powercolor
PSU : 500W strikex aerocool 80 plus bronze.
Case : Aerocool VS4
HDD : 7200rpm sata II

Overclocking: oc'ing the gpu a bit, enabling the cpu's turbo mode :) 

SLI or Crossfire: NO.. can't afford, as for now >:) 

Monitor Resolution: native resolution @ 1366x768 19" widescreen, playing games at this resolution.

Additional Comments: i like casings that has a proper ventilation, idntcare if it's noisy or not, i just wan't a fast budget gaming rig :) 

i want to MAX ALL GAMES at 1366x768 resolution, that's my wish .
Related resources
May 16, 2012 2:34:18 PM

$619 american isn't alot to put into a gaming build. Gaming builds get expensive fast.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 16, 2012 2:35:59 PM

c911darkwolf said:
$619 american isn't alot to put into a gaming build. Gaming builds get expensive fast.

More than enough for a mid range build. Not everyone has Thousands to sink into a PC and most of the time its totally unnecessary.

I think you'd be surprised how far a $500 build can actually get you if you bothered looking it up :) 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 16, 2012 2:48:24 PM

Yep, Adrian is right. The More you dig, the more you save!
m
l
May 16, 2012 2:50:26 PM

thanks guys.. i think this would be my final rig...
m
l
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
May 16, 2012 3:03:08 PM

A good build.
You have put your money on the graphics card, the main engine of gaming.

The 2100 is a great budget gaming cpu. The stock cooler should serve you well enough.

If I have a issue, perhaps it is the quality of the PSU. A cheap PSU is not the place to economize.
I would stick with known quality brands such as Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, PCP&C and Antec, to name a few. 500W should be sufficient.

For cooling, mostly any case with two 120mm intake fans will do the job.
I could not find the Aerocool VS4 on the web site. Perhaps including links would garner you more responses.
The Antec VSK2000 is an under appreciated budget case with good cooling.
It includes washable front air filters which will keep your parts cleaner.
http://dynaquestpc.com/index.php/components-2/chassis/a...

For the hard drive, look for a larger 1tb drive, like the WD black. They are a bit faster.
m
l
May 16, 2012 3:10:25 PM

geofelt said:
A good build.
You have put your money on the graphics card, the main engine of gaming.

The 2100 is a great budget gaming cpu. The stock cooler should serve you well enough.

If I have a issue, perhaps it is the quality of the PSU. A cheap PSU is not the place to economize.
I would stick with known quality brands such as Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, PCP&C and Antec, to name a few. 500W should be sufficient.

For cooling, mostly any case with two 120mm intake fans will do the job.
I could not find the Aerocool VS4 on the web site. Perhaps including links would garner you more responses.
The Antec VSK2000 is an under appreciated budget case with good cooling.
It includes washable front air filters which will keep your parts cleaner.
http://dynaquestpc.com/index.php/components-2/chassis/a...

For the hard drive, look for a larger 1tb drive, like the WD black. They are a bit faster.

thanks... yeah ur right, others told me also about my bad psu, so i'll change it to branded one..
here's the link for the aerocool vs4 : http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/products/chassis/3..... i wonder why ppl couldn't find aerocool stuffs.

too bad, i can't afford to buy a 1tb drive, honestly i was looking for a 80GB drive just to fit in the games i want :) ... does a slower HDD affect gaming performance also?
m
l
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
May 16, 2012 3:22:26 PM

I was looking for the price of the VS4 case on your shopping web site to see if there could be significant savings for you.

A slower hard drive will increase your level load times a bit, but really, it is not a consideration since the difference is small.

Hard drive prices are still elevated due to the Thailand floods.
On a budget, you might find it hard to do, but see if you can't start with a SSD of 60-80gb.
It makes everything you do seem so much quicker. If level load speeds are important to you, a SSD will be2-3x faster in sequential speed.

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 16, 2012 3:26:04 PM

geofelt said:
but see if you can't start with a SSD of 60-80gb.
It makes everything you do seem so much quicker. If level load speeds are important to you, a SSD will be2-3x faster in sequential speed.

Saying an SSD will increase performance is not really true. Well it is, but also sort of "false advertised" to most people i think...

SSD will make your system boot faster
SSD will make levels load quicker

SSD will NOT increase FPS or "in-game-performance" (other than the level loading at the start, which lets face it never really takes long. Any 7200RPM HDD will be perfectly fine).

Personally wouldn't recommend an SSD to anyone really that's wanting a build for gaming, and doesn't have $800-1000+ to spend. Because the cost of an SSD is the difference between a graphics card tier or 2, which ultimately will yield more performance for the end-user-gamer.
m
l
!