Random reboots

korshyadoo

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
I've been experiencing a lot of problems with my computer randomly rebooting while gaming. I have BSOD enabled in my system settings, but there's never a BSOD

It started with Psychonauts on Steam. I can't be in game more than 20 seconds before my computer reboots. Then it started happening in Dead Island. After about 20 minutes to an hour it would reboot. Now it's happening in Diablo 3 after 30-80 minutes of play. I never have any problems outside of games, and there are several games that never have a problem, including Batman: Arkham City, Saints Row The Third, and Alan Wake.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel Core2 Duo E7400
4GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L mobo
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Realtek ALC888 onboard audio
Corsair TX750W power supply

All drivers are up to date. I've monitored CPU and GPU temperatures while playing Dead Island and never see any pattern or spikes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
Yea i experienced this onetime with a 550 ti. I found it to be a power, heat or driver issue. I switched back to a GTS 450 and found it didn't do it afterwards
when your system reboots while gaming (heavy usage) it can be either one of the components overheating so keep an eye on the temps, make sure the case is clean. or it can be the power supply giving up on you. ask a friend to swap psu's with you and see if the problem persists