Multiple file infomation

Hi. In windows ME when you open a directory/folder and select a number of
files it would tell you in a seperate bar at the botton of the opened window
the number of files and how many selected. I no in xp theres a Details thing
on the left of the window but it's just to much for what i want and it'a
anoying me. is there away of changing it to display like it did in ME. if
you open explorer in xp you see the extra bar at the bottom that im on
about. flashes up info about the webpage or the word Done when complete. The
directory/folder window has nothing. I hope you can understand my poor
discription and can help.

thanks
Keith

try this:
From windows explorer view>status bar

then go to tools>folder options> View (tab) > Apply to all folders (button)

"Keith Whitfield" <k.whitfield@NO SPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi. In windows ME when you open a directory/folder and select a number of
> files it would tell you in a seperate bar at the botton of the opened
> window the number of files and how many selected. I no in xp theres a
> Details thing on the left of the window but it's just to much for what i
> want and it'a anoying me. is there away of changing it to display like it
> did in ME. if you open explorer in xp you see the extra bar at the bottom
> that im on about. flashes up info about the webpage or the word Done when
> complete. The directory/folder window has nothing. I hope you can
> understand my poor discription and can help.
>
> thanks
> Keith

"Keith Whitfield" <k.whitfield@NO SPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
| Hi. In windows ME when you open a directory/folder and select a number of
| files it would tell you in a seperate bar at the botton of the opened window
| the number of files and how many selected. I no in xp theres a Details thing
| on the left of the window but it's just to much for what i want and it'a
| anoying me. is there away of changing it to display like it did in ME. if
| you open explorer in xp you see the extra bar at the bottom that im on
| about. flashes up info about the webpage or the word Done when complete. The
| directory/folder window has nothing. I hope you can understand my poor
| discription and can help.
|
| thanks

Keith,

Windows Explorer: