Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Opening side panel and pointing fan inside of PC

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
September 3, 2012 9:35:41 PM

This may sound stupid, but I was just wondering if it would be safe to remove the side panel from my PC and point a large fan inside to help cool my CPU until tomorrow because it's reachig 66c in planetside 2 and I really want to play :p  I just want to know if somehow some electric dust can get inside or some weird crap and damage my components. (Like I said may sound stupid lol)

Best solution

a c 283 à CPUs
September 3, 2012 9:37:11 PM

It's fine. The only problem would be dust build up, but for only one day, that won't even be an issue.
September 3, 2012 9:38:37 PM

Best answer selected by vickus420.
Related resources
a c 283 à CPUs
September 3, 2012 9:39:31 PM

vickus420 said:
Thanks for helping me out so much ahah. I ask a lot of questions here and you seem to always be responding :p 

You're welcome, and yeah, I'm around a lot, lol.
September 3, 2012 9:41:26 PM

Thanks for helping me out so much ahah. I ask a lot of questions here and you seem to always be responding :p 
September 3, 2012 9:51:10 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
You're welcome, and yeah, I'm around a lot, lol.

Hah, opening the side and pointing a fan in isn't even making a difference for the CPU temp. The guy must have caked on so much damn thermal paste that air can't even reach it -.-
a c 283 à CPUs
September 3, 2012 9:56:00 PM

If you already had decent case airflow to begin with, that doesn't really surprise me, but yeah, that thermal paste issue can't be helping matters...
!