Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Possible Pc build wondering what quality i could play on

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 16, 2012 6:27:22 PM

just wondering what i should expect out of it
Parts:

cpu:Intel Core i5 3570K
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z77,
GPU: evga gtx 670 superclocked
PSU: 750w corsair pro series gold
RAM: 8GB corsair veangeance LP
HDD: 1 TB western digital caviar blue
Fan: cooler master hyper 212 evo
case: corsair 600T graphite series
Monitor: Asus 27 inch 1920x1080
and i may get an SSD for the OS i dont think that will effect graphics but if im wrong than ill tell you that too
thanks!
May 16, 2012 6:39:39 PM

ULTRA. 99% of all games you should be able to max out on ULTRA settings at your resolution.

An SSD will only speed up your loading times of your games/programs. It will not have an effect on Frames Per Second.

I have a similar set up (however I have a weaker CPU, and weaker GPU) and I can max out Crysis and SC2 for the graphics settings.
May 16, 2012 6:46:42 PM

Chainzsaw said:
ULTRA. 99% of all games you should be able to max out on ULTRA settings at your resolution.

An SSD will only speed up your loading times of your games/programs. It will not have an effect on Frames Per Second.

I have a similar set up (however I have a weaker CPU, and weaker GPU) and I can max out Crysis and SC2 for the graphics settings.

oh that is awesome! i was hoping for High at best, clearly i have no idea what i am doing as of yet in terms of what it will be like hopefully i'll get better though and thanks! guess i should mark this as solved than, however you go about donig that lol
Related resources
May 16, 2012 6:51:50 PM

Just remember though - playing online will actually decrease your Frames Per Second - as there is much more going on with multiplayer games (people joining/leaving/ extra explosions/custom maps etc).

Still you've got a great war elephant, and it should charge into battle and knock some baddies around no sweat!
May 16, 2012 6:54:46 PM

A 670 will max out any game you throw at it for years, it's one of the best GPUs on the market.

That build is actually *REALLY* similar to what I'm running but I agree you should definitely throw in an SSD in the mix. You could maybe cut the monitor to a 24" to afford one, get something like a Vertex 4 or Plextor PX-M3, or the fail-safe Crucial M4.
May 16, 2012 7:02:46 PM

Chainzsaw said:
Just remember though - playing online will actually decrease your Frames Per Second - as there is much more going on with multiplayer games (people joining/leaving/ extra explosions/custom maps etc).

Still you've got a great war elephant, and it should charge into battle and knock some baddies around no sweat!

yeah i thought that'd probably be the case but that is pretty sweet and i cannot wait to get into it! thanks for the help!
May 16, 2012 7:07:15 PM

g-unit1111 said:
A 670 will max out any game you throw at it for years, it's one of the best GPUs on the market.

That build is actually *REALLY* similar to what I'm running but I agree you should definitely throw in an SSD in the mix. You could maybe cut the monitor to a 24" to afford one, get something like a Vertex 4 or Plextor PX-M3, or the fail-safe Crucial M4.

that's awesome! and yeah i was thinking about getting a 24" thanks for the suggestions, i'll get straight on it
!