Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ATI CCC Crash on windows startup & won't uninstall

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 14, 2012 2:14:17 AM

I have been asked by a friend to fix a problem he has with CCC - he has a Sony Viao laptop with a Mobility Radeon HD 4650.

The problem with CCC is that when windows boots, it comes with an error box that says CCC can't load. Doesn't give specifics.

He had (under the advice of someone else who should be shot for this) uninstalled the driver through windows' decive manager and then tried to uninstall CCC (which didnt work).

This then, after a reboot, forced windows to download graphics drivers from windows update. However, due to the fact that the drivers have been replaced by something else, the ATI CCC uninstaller won't uninstall CCC.

I am trying to uninstall this as I have downloaded the newst drivers from *Edit* Sony's */Edit* website and throught a fresh install of the package was warrented.

When the installer runs it gets so far thorugh the install process then says an error occured and it halts.

Any ideas?
Thanks
March 14, 2012 2:26:48 AM

on laptop usually you got to download the maker driver that means sony one for the video card use model and name for search
March 14, 2012 2:30:32 AM

scout_03 said:
on laptop usually you got to download the maker driver that means sony one for the video card use model and name for search



Sorry, thats what I meant. *i blame the fact its stupid oclock in the morning :p *
Related resources
March 14, 2012 2:35:43 AM

if it been overclock must be reset to factory setting , then check on the net if this could be overclock
March 14, 2012 12:06:48 PM

scout_03 said:
if it been overclock must be reset to factory setting , then check on the net if this could be overclock


Sorry, i meant i wrote that at 3.30am - was tired and just writing this up before going to sleep. it has not been overclocked
March 14, 2012 3:23:04 PM

beironjohn said:
I have been asked by a friend to fix a problem he has with CCC - he has a Sony Viao laptop with a Mobility Radeon HD 4650.

The problem with CCC is that when windows boots, it comes with an error box that says CCC can't load. Doesn't give specifics.

He had (under the advice of someone else who should be shot for this) uninstalled the driver through windows' decive manager and then tried to uninstall CCC (which didnt work).

This then, after a reboot, forced windows to download graphics drivers from windows update. However, due to the fact that the drivers have been replaced by something else, the ATI CCC uninstaller won't uninstall CCC.

I am trying to uninstall this as I have downloaded the newst drivers from *Edit* Sony's */Edit* website and throught a fresh install of the package was warrented.

When the installer runs it gets so far thorugh the install process then says an error occured and it halts.

Any ideas?
Thanks


Open start
Click computer and go to "properties"
Open "advanced system settings"
Click "hardware"
Click "Device installation settings"
Tick "No, let me choose what to do"
Tick "Never install..."

Save changes and reboot

Open start
Click "control panel"
Open "programs"
Click "AMD Catalyst Install Manager"
Choose "custom uninstall" and select all.
Reboot

Run Driver Sweeper~

http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/

Reboot

Manually go into C:\ "and delete everything AMD"
also in "Program Files"
and "Program Files (x86)"

Run CCleaner~

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Reboot

NOW

Download and install Catalyst Control Center~

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win...






!