Sign in with
Your question

Temps for CPU/System

Last response: in Components
September 3, 2012 10:13:57 PM

This is the computer I just put together. It is a MSI AMD Series Motherboard with an AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.70GHz AM3 Processor, 4GB DDR3 Memory, Thermaltake V2 ATX Mid Tower Case with 450W PSU.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/ite...

It is going to be used for online internet surfing, online games, and I will probably load Office. (Nothing really intense-my husband plays games on Facebook...LOL) My question is about the temperature of the CPU/System. I am using MSI's Live Update 5 to view the temps and it is showing 39 degrees C for the processor and 34 for the system.The only thing I added to this build was this graphics card below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

These are the temps running idle. The only fan in it right now is the CPU fan. I would like to know if I should purchase (2) 80mm fans for the back of this tower to help cool it down, or is this an acceptable temperature? I do not want to give it to my husband to use until I know it is really ready to be used on a daily basis.

Thank you.
Lisa

More about : temps cpu system

September 3, 2012 10:22:16 PM

How many fans are in the system right now? Just 1 for the cpu and no casefans?
If that's the case, 39°c idle temps sound normal. (My I5 760 @4.0GHz has idle temps of 45°c with a Corsair H50 watercooling set)

The graphics card will (in most of the cases) affect the case temperature.

Hope this helps
September 4, 2012 12:53:34 AM

I only have the CPU fan, not any case fans yet. This case has two spots on the back of the case for (2) 80mm fans, (1) on the side for an 80mm fan and it appears as though I could place a 120mm fan in the front, but there are not slots(or grid) across the front of the tower to allow air in or out. Should I just get (3) 80mm fans and where will I plug all of them in on the motherboard? Which connectors do I need to make sure I have?
!