My graphic card wont post! iam a first builder help please.

Ok so first off my Damn graphics card is not showing up when i test boot. i tried to take it out and put it back in and i tried different pci cords and i pulled out the ram.

So when i dont have the graphics card in it shows that my motherboard is working and my cpu but its saying fan error? and it says i got like 8000mg up ddr3 is that 8gbs? please help IAM STUCK
6 answers Last reply
More about graphic card wont post builder please
  1. This has me confused:

"So when i dont have the graphics card in it shows that my motherboard is working and my cpu but its saying fan error?"

Are you running a computer with an IGP? If you have an IGP you may have to disable it in order to boot off of a discrete graphics card. We're going to need more information about your system
  2. oops i left some stuff out.... ok i was trying to use a hdmi cable from my graphics card to my monitor to see if it will boot up? do i need a driver for my gpu so it can be recognized on my motherboard diagnostics.
  3. That isn't the info we need.

What is the mobo's name? What is the CPU?
  4. My mobo is a asus maximus iv gene z and my cpu is i5- 2500k and my graphics card is a asus gtx 560 ti. would it show up on the monitor that its connected or do i need to intall the drivers first?
  5. You have 'Intel HD Graphics 3000' with your CPU, you need to turn that off in the bios before you can use your 560. Once you do that and re-boot with the 560 pluged in to the monitor you'll be set to install the drivers (you do this after installing windows).
  6. Yes i got it guys thanks:)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics