Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$600 gaming pc

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 16, 2012 8:04:44 PM

Budget Range:600$ Before Rebates

System Usage: gaming

Parts Not Required:keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, already have windows 7 copy,1 TB Seagate barracuda Hard disk,mATX Case

Preferred Website for Parts: Microcenter especially plz check the magazine

Country: USA

Parts Preferences: I would like to use an Intel CPU

Overclocking: Never

SLI or Crossfire: Never

Monitor Resolution: wont exceed 1920x1080

Although I wont overclock but I would like to make use of the 2500k and 3500k processors with Z68 and Z77
Microcenter magazine
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/catalogs/index.html


More about : 600 gaming

May 17, 2012 8:26:48 AM

You do realize that CPU and motherboard don't work together, right?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
May 17, 2012 9:06:31 AM

using only MicroCenter:

CPU i5 3570K
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$190

MB (Combo deal for 59.99) AsRock Z77 Pro4-M 1155 mATX
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$60

RAM Crucial 8GB DDR3-1600 2x4GB
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$40

DVD LG
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$17

PSU Antec High Current Gamer Series 520W
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$60

GPU EVGA GXT 560 Ti
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$230 -$30 MIR =$200
-------
$597 before rebate and sales tax

the Stock cooler should be fine if not OCing. You didn't list what kind of uATX case you had, but the CM Hyper 212 is best for the $ (if it fits and you decide that you need one)
Share
May 17, 2012 9:22:07 AM

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ad47b62b#/ad47b62b/...

The $37.99 corsair 8gb ddr3-1600 kit...

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ad47b62b#/ad47b62b/...
$79.99 ocz fatal1y 750, I have the 550 version and it's pretty good running a pair of power hog hd-4870's.

$118+50+140= $308

$292 left to spend on a card..

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$249.99 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 1536MB GDDR5
480 cuda shaders, yesterday's top gaming card on sale.

Or...

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
GV-R785OC-2GD AMD Radeon HD 7850 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card
$269.99 Less heat and noise than the 480, but also a bit slower.

A hd-7870 is within reach here, maybe a hd-6970, or 560ti core448.
m
0
l
May 17, 2012 10:57:06 AM

need4speeds said:
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ad47b62b#/ad47b62b/...

The $37.99 corsair 8gb ddr3-1600 kit...

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ad47b62b#/ad47b62b/...
$79.99 ocz fatal1y 750, I have the 550 version and it's pretty good running a pair of power hog hd-4870's.

$118+50+140= $308

$292 left to spend on a card..

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$249.99 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 1536MB GDDR5
480 cuda shaders, yesterday's top gaming card on sale.

Or...

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
GV-R785OC-2GD AMD Radeon HD 7850 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card
$269.99 Less heat and noise than the 480, but also a bit slower.

A hd-7870 is within reach here, maybe a hd-6970, or 560ti core448.

Can u please state the motherboard and processor?
m
0
l
May 17, 2012 10:58:36 AM

dthesleepless said:
You do realize that CPU and motherboard don't work together, right?

thanks for stating this point :D 
m
0
l
May 17, 2012 11:20:16 AM

jerreddredd said:
using only MicroCenter:

CPU i5 3570K
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$190

MB (Combo deal for 59.99) AsRock Z77 Pro4-M 1155 mATX
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$60

RAM Crucial 8GB DDR3-1600 2x4GB
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$40

DVD LG
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$17

PSU Antec High Current Gamer Series 520W
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$60

GPU EVGA GXT 560 Ti
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
$230 -$30 MIR =$200
-------
$597 before rebate and sales tax

the Stock cooler should be fine if not OCing. You didn't list what kind of uATX case you had, but the CM Hyper 212 is best for the $ (if it fits and you decide that you need one)

I like this build very much especially the mobo and cpu best choice but I am little concerned about the antec psu I think I need much or will this going to be fine? also sorry I forget to say that I dont need lg dvd sorry my fault.what about the msi twin forzr 560ti instead of the evga some people say it more durable although I wont oc it but just for the durability and because my case has bad ventillation so I need the coolest 560ti gtx version plz recommend me another one ir is this evga going to be fine in cooling?
m
0
l
May 17, 2012 11:29:40 AM

It was the $49 biostar on the page that is linked below with a $139.99 i5-2400

It's on this page..

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ad47b62b#/ad47b62b/...



CORRECTION: The ad says to get the $50 off it must be with one of the "k" cpus like the $169.99 2500k.
So you cant get the i5-2400. The $49 biostar board is a full atx, so you have to get the $59 gigabyte micro-atx board instead on that page too..

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

It's a extra $40.. so with my geforce 480 and parts i picked out above, it ends up close to the $600 budget.

Those flyers are confusing, so make sure you read all the banners and fine print first..

m
0
l
May 17, 2012 2:44:21 PM

need4speeds said:
It was the $49 biostar on the page that is linked below with a $139.99 i5-2400

It's on this page..

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ad47b62b#/ad47b62b/...



CORRECTION: The ad says to get the $50 off it must be with one of the "k" cpus like the $169.99 2500k.
So you cant get the i5-2400. The $49 biostar board is a full atx, so you have to get the $59 gigabyte micro-atx board instead on that page too..

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

It's a extra $40.. so with my geforce 480 and parts i picked out above, it ends up close to the $600 budget.

Those flyers are confusing, so make sure you read all the banners and fine print first..

Thanks you very much :D 
m
0
l
May 17, 2012 2:56:50 PM

Try the recommended builds in my sig
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 17, 2012 6:21:39 PM

machmach_3 said:
I like this build very much especially the mobo and cpu best choice but I am little concerned about the antec psu I think I need much or will this going to be fine? also sorry I forget to say that I dont need lg dvd sorry my fault.what about the msi twin forzr 560ti instead of the evga some people say it more durable although I wont oc it but just for the durability and because my case has bad ventillation so I need the coolest 560ti gtx version plz recommend me another one ir is this evga going to be fine in cooling?


the PSU I recommended is just the right size and will run even a bigger GPU and OC'd CPU. If you look at the THG link below for the OC 560Ti's it shows the systems pulling 300-350w with a OC'd i7 2600K, so I don't think your system will pull any more than that.

The evga is a solid card and should be ok cooling, there Twin Frozr will run cooler though and is a solid card also, but I didn't see it offered at MC. a good choice is cooling is an issue is the ASUS 560 ti Direct Cu.
Tom's liked it alot:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-...
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
it stays within your budget
m
0
l
May 18, 2012 3:45:30 PM

jerreddredd said:
the PSU I recommended is just the right size and will run even a bigger GPU and OC'd CPU. If you look at the THG link below for the OC 560Ti's it shows the systems pulling 300-350w with a OC'd i7 2600K, so I don't think your system will pull any more than that.

The evga is a solid card and should be ok cooling, there Twin Frozr will run cooler though and is a solid card also, but I didn't see it offered at MC. a good choice is cooling is an issue is the ASUS 560 ti Direct Cu.
Tom's liked it alot:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-...
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
it stays within your budget

I am now confused between which 560 ti to get

Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti SOC White Edition 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

MSI twin frozr
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
the gigabye one in search results or the evga thanks
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 18, 2012 5:53:37 PM

machmach_3 said:
I am now confused between which 560 ti to get

Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti SOC White Edition 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

MSI twin frozr
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
the gigabye one in search results or the evga thanks



not sure how I missed those on MC.... anyway the MSI will run cooler, but the Galaxy will be faster (it OC to 950Mhz) I would choose the MSI twin Frozr, I would rather have a cooler running card than an extra 5 FPS in a game.
m
0
l
May 18, 2012 8:40:24 PM

You can always overclock the card yourself. Don't fall for factory OC, just get the card with the best cooler, and voltage control.
m
0
l
May 18, 2012 9:48:44 PM

Make sure you grab that antec power supply before they got out of stock, thats an astounding deal for 60.00 bucks locally. (i actually own one from last august, works good still and is silent).
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 6:43:14 PM

Scotty99 said:
Make sure you grab that antec power supply before they got out of stock, thats an astounding deal for 60.00 bucks locally. (i actually own one from last august, works good still and is silent).

Thanks scotty for giving me confidence to buy the antec psu:D 
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 6:44:46 PM

jerreddredd said:
not sure how I missed those on MC.... anyway the MSI will run cooler, but the Galaxy will be faster (it OC to 950Mhz) I would choose the MSI twin Frozr, I would rather have a cooler running card than an extra 5 FPS in a game.

I was leaning towards the frozr I'll go for it thanks :D 
m
0
l
May 20, 2012 3:52:57 PM

Best answer selected by machmach_3.
m
0
l
!