Closed Solved

Nvidia driver 296.10 WHQL issues

Hi,

Is there anyone here who had problems when you updated your drivers to the latest 296.10 version?

I've updated my drivers last night to 296.10 and when I tried to watch a movie, then suddenly green pixellated dots (not sure if this is artifacts) appeared on the screen and blacked out. The screen fired up again showing a notification that the driver recovered from a serious malfunction. I've tried to reboot the PC afterwards. Then my card doesn't show anything on screen anymore. Not sure if it broke my card or something.

I'm currently running via my mobo's IGP. Note also that I didn't overclocked the GPU since I don't really have the reason to do so.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nvidia driver whql issues
  1. I'm using it on both of my rigs and have had no problems so far.
  2. Best answer
    i didn't upgraded yet, for that reason (didn't knew if they are working normally), also the 295,73 are awesome for me.

    I had this green pixels problem with the latest beta driver, if i were you would rollback drivers for now, 295.73 are great.

    EDIT: By looking over Nvidia Forum, there are more people with this artifact problems, but not everyone, and there is some people complaining about flickering in some games, i think i will keep my drivers for now ^^.
  3. I see. Thanks for the replies.

    I'm actually planning to RMA my card thinking that it was already broke. However, when I tried to boot it again one last time and alas, it worked. Dunno what happened but the card is now a-ok and running again. Also, I noticed that my driver version automatically reverted back to 295.73 (not sure how this happened but I uninstalled the drivers and used driver sweeper also to be sure).

    I might as well stick with this driver version for now. Haven't had issues with 295.73 ever since.
  4. I am getting crashes in world of warcraft with the 296.10 drivers. I think i am going to roll back to the previous version.
  5. masterjaw said:
    Hi,

    Is there anyone here who had problems when you updated your drivers to the latest 296.10 version?

    I've updated my drivers last night to 296.10 and when I tried to watch a movie, then suddenly green pixellated dots (not sure if this is artifacts) appeared on the screen and blacked out. The screen fired up again showing a notification that the driver recovered from a serious malfunction. I've tried to reboot the PC afterwards. Then my card doesn't show anything on screen anymore. Not sure if it broke my card or something.

    I'm currently running via my mobo's IGP. Note also that I didn't overclocked the GPU since I don't really have the reason to do so.



    I'm having the exact same issue, EVGA GTX 270 here.
  6. if you are having issues with 296.10 drivers, just roll back to 295.73 it will probably fix your problems.
  7. It's been more than a week since I rolled back my drivers to 295.73. No issues experienced whatsoever. Looks like I'm gonna skip this 296 series drivers.
  8. masterjaw said:
    It's been more than a week since I rolled back my drivers to 295.73. No issues experienced whatsoever. Looks like I'm gonna skip this 296 series drivers.


    i was experiencing this same problem with the 295.51 BETA drivers, but now some people complaining of that problem on that 296.10 WHQL driver, i didn't tested it yet, but i've seen a lot of people writing problems and so i will keep mine, that was one of the best drivers up to now, best performance on 3D games that i've foud 290.53 from 295.73 was a big leap in performance so i will keep this one for now.
  9. I think that Nvidia rushed out the 296.10 driver because they had just released a new driver for Windows 8 and they wanted to release something new for Windows 7 and others. I'm also running 295.73 and they are quite stable , I did try the 296.10 and had some issues but no pixellation or artifacts.
  10. I have the 296.10 on my ASUS 560 Ti, and have no issues at all.
  11. KaKkaR0T said:
    I have the 296.10 on my ASUS 560 Ti, and have no issues at all.


    like i said before, it is on specific systems, a lot of people don't have problems also, but there is also a lot of people complaining about them in nvidia forum, maybe you didn't "find the problem" yet, or you just are lucky to have a compatible system.
  12. i also had the same problem, i'm sure its a driver issue then, got worried thinking my graphic card maybe fried lol
  13. Best answer selected by masterjaw.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers Nvidia Graphics