[Solved] Resolution Problem

SorenIX

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Hello everyone! My first post on this forum! Well... here is my problem :

When I bought my laptop it came with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 fully installed and working 100%. It was starting to need a clean up, so I formatted. I then proceeded in reinstalling all my drivers and everything now works perfectly... except for one thing.

Before I format, I would set the resolution to 1024x768 (basically a 1366x768 resolution) and it would fit the screen without filling the sides with black borders.

Now I know what you are maybe going to tell me... "Open your CCC, click on Displays > Configure > set Overscan to 0%"

I seriously would... it would be so amazing if it worked like it seemed to work for everyone else... unfortunately I don't have any "Configure" button or "Overscan" option.

The only reason I think it's different for me is because I'm on a laptop screen. That's all I could guess... Now it's your turn!

Thanks for further help!

Solution
I think I know what you are talking about.

I think you had it set to 1024 x 768, and the image was "stretched" to fill your 1366 by 768 screen.

Unfortunately, while I use AMD graphics in my system, I don't have the proper settings myself in CCC to tell you where to go with 100% certainty.

You should be looking for a setting that says: 'Scale fullscreen' or something similar.

You might also have "maintain aspect ratio" or "center image"

I'm running CCC version 12.2; and I would guess these settings would be in Desktop Management (or possibly video)

But for me, oddly enough, my graphics do like a passthrough my Intel GPU even when using the AMD card. So all my resolution, scaling, and color settings are in the Intel GMA control...

Wave Fusion

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
I think I know what you are talking about.

I think you had it set to 1024 x 768, and the image was "stretched" to fill your 1366 by 768 screen.

Unfortunately, while I use AMD graphics in my system, I don't have the proper settings myself in CCC to tell you where to go with 100% certainty.

You should be looking for a setting that says: 'Scale fullscreen' or something similar.

You might also have "maintain aspect ratio" or "center image"

I'm running CCC version 12.2; and I would guess these settings would be in Desktop Management (or possibly video)

But for me, oddly enough, my graphics do like a passthrough my Intel GPU even when using the AMD card. So all my resolution, scaling, and color settings are in the Intel GMA control panel.

Fortunately, all my gaming settings (Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, etc) are still in the CCC and still work as intended.

Bottom line is, the CCC doesn't like to display all your settings on certain systems, especially on notebooks. Many of my settings even VANISH if I try to update my graphics driver. I wish you the best of luck.

Solution

SorenIX

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

Yes, that's what I had before and that's what I want to get at now.

So where should I actually be looking... I checked around to see something that would arrange the scaling. But nothing...

My laptop is not crazy strong and I use 1024x768 when I play games... Playing in a REAL 1024x768 is... very annoying. That's why I want to fix this issue ASAP...

SorenIX

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
I solve my own problem...

I uninstalled everything related to my graphics driver and installed an older version of the CCC and then I figured how to put it fullscreen! Thanks for the help =)