Owner's name

This might seem like an odd question or desire but here it is. I recently
reintalled XP and entered my name during setup, so now all my stuff is under
my name folder on the hard drive. Previously it was under the generic
"Owner" which I much preferred. Is there any way to change this back?
2 answers Last reply
More about owner name

    "starfish" <moonheart38@hotmail.com> wrote:
    | This might seem like an odd question or desire but here it is. I recently
    | reintalled XP and entered my name during setup, so now all my stuff is under
    | my name folder on the hard drive. Previously it was under the generic
    | "Owner" which I much preferred. Is there any way to change this back?

    The only way to do that is:

    1. Create a new user account with the name that you want

    2. Copy the files and settings from the old account to the new account
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
    How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

    3. After you are certain that the new account is functioning correctly,
    delete the old account

    Control Panel
    Users
    Pick the account to change

    Hi,

    Lunch your favorit Registery Editor, i.e., regedit, click Ctrl+F, type the
    name that you used, then Enter, it will find the first one for you, change
    it, OK, press F3 for the next entery,... Do these until the search is done.
    Then close the editor.

    Hope this would help :-)