Do I have to buy a bew motherboard to upgrade the graphics card

G

I have apart from the upgraded 3gb ram a factory spec dell dimension 5150 and I have got by on older games. Now though I want to start playing more modern games so I want to upgrade the graphics card. For the budget I can stretch to maybe £80-90 at the most. And I was kinda worried since other people with the same dell have Problems upgrading the graphics.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Based on the specifications of your system, I would suspect the only issues you'd have are:

1) Possibly a PCI-E 1.0 specification which would limit you to PCI-E 1.0 or 2.0 cards. You probably would run into trouble with PCI-E 2.1 cards.
2) 305 watt Power Supply will limit you mid- to low-range cards.

Do you need a new motherboard? No, but I wouldn't expect to play more modern games at high levels. What graphics card do you currently have installed?

-Wolf sends

G

My graphics card is integrated, I don't know if there is a way around not having to buy a whole new computer.

Wolfshadw

Titan
For the short term, you could probably get by with something along the lines of a Radeon HD4550. While that won't get high-end gaming graphics, it should do okay for modest gaming. It'll tide you over until you can get a new system.

If a new system is planned for in the near future, I'd recommend doing nothing. Save whatever money you have and put it towards the new system.

-Wolf sends