Possible really bad spyware!!!

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Hey fellas my comp is trippin out. My mouse moves around by itself, when i open up my web browser (fire fox, IE), it starts to go wacky. When my comp is loading I see "lucallbackproxy" 4 of them loading on my comp??? What the hell is that? I did google it and I read that it's a spyware deeply inbeeded into my comp. I have 2 spyware, spysweeper, zone alram. So what needs to be done to get rid of it??? Do i have to reformat? I have a program called window washer, would that help? I just don't want to erase anything important. Well any help would be great. :evil:

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hey fellas my comp is trippin out. My mouse moves around by itself, when i open up my web browser (fire fox, IE), it starts to go wacky. When my comp is loading I see "lucallbackproxy" 4 of them loading on my comp??? What the hell is that? I did google it and I read that it's a spyware deeply inbeeded into my comp. I have 2 spyware, spysweeper, zone alram. So what needs to be done to get rid of it??? Do i have to reformat? I have a program called window washer, would that help? I just don't want to erase anything important. Well any help would be great. :evil:
I would give Adaware and Spybot-Search & Destroy a go, as well as Microsoft's Anti-Spyware. Install them, update them, then run all 3(seperately). If they don't catch it, then you're most likely looking at a reformat/reinstall. It sounds
like a nasty one, and lets hope you can get rid of it. GL :)

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I would give Adaware and Spybot-Search & Destroy a go, as well as Microsoft's Anti-Spyware. Install them, update them, then run all 3(seperately). If they don't catch it, then you're most likely looking at a reformat/reinstall. It sounds
like a nasty one, and lets hope you can get rid of it. GL :)

I have adware lavasoft pro version, spysweeper, zonelabs. I ran all of them but for some reason I dont know if it's helping. Ran hijackthis, but I really dotn know what to do or look for.

mdalli

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
Keep in mind that if you intentionally installed certain spyware packages, they may not show up as spyware. Like "Hotbar", for example, that comes packaged with certain "free" smiley-face and wallpaper packages.

I had just such a thing happen to a client once. I ran every spyware killer known to me, and it found nothing, even tho I knew Hotbar was installed.

So, in other words, also check out, under Control Panel, "Add or Remove Programs" and look for anything weird there. Go to your Start button --> Run --> and type in msconfig, and check out the Startup tab to see if anything is auto-loading on startup.

From there, use a good anti-virus package like Norton and scan your computer. Most current versions find viruses and spyware.

NibbleIT

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Hi TVFreak

The following links say "lucallbackproxy" is not spyware but part of Symantec Live Update and is used by Norton products.

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/LuCallbackProxy/
http://www.programchecker.com/file/18868.aspx
http://www.superadblocker.com/definition/lucallbackproxy/

Some forums suggest re-installing LiveUpdate to fix the problem, the following link will do this:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2003092610290513?Open&src=bar_sch_nam&docid=1999092114074613&nsf=sharedtech.nsf&view=d3c44a1678bd8f45852566aa005902cb&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=ag

Other forums however do suggest it could be spyware. If the re-installing LiveUpdate didn't fix your problem I suggest you Google "lucallbackproxy spyware" and read the many forum posts.

Good Luck!

roncpem

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
try a program called A Squared, there is a free version, works well. i use it as well as spy bot search & destroy, adaware, xofspy, & spyware blaster. its a pain to reformat. but back up anyway just in case.

butitoy

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006

we're on the boat.
my pc too.it's sending lots of mail to addresses i don't even know.
it's just that i have norton antivirus 2006..that's y i know it's sending..

because my norton is blocking it.

really messy. and it slows down my pc.

butitoy

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006