Sign in with
Your question

XPS 8300 GTX 560TI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 14, 2012 1:01:39 PM

I am having issues with the GTX 560TI artifacting, nvidia drivers crashing, black screens etc.

I have had the card swapped out with Dell. (they sent a refurb)

The new card worked for several days without issues.

Now the new card is starting to show the issues as the first.

The system only shipped with a 460 Watt power supply, and Nvidia lists the minimum as 500 Watt.

The card is OEM not being overclocked and I just installed the lastest Nvidia drivers as of today. 296.10

I have seen around the web that some companies are releasing bios updates for this card to increase the voltages to keep them more stable.

I have contacted Dell and they are not planning on releasing a bios update for this OEM card.

Should I push Dell to send me a 500w or higher power supply?

Any other ideas?

More about : xps 8300 gtx 560ti

a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 14, 2012 1:26:14 PM

i've seen on nvidia forum some artifacting problems with those new drivers, is this a problem ocurring after the driver?

i would also recommend increasing your psu if possible, what you must see is that many psus are labeled 500w but can't even deliver 300w, so i would recommend buy a trustable good brand psu not a generic one a corsair 500w would be good, i just don't know if it will fit in your case...

but check drivers first, it may only be a driver problem, rollback if needed, i'm using 295.73 without problems
m
l
!