SIM card PIN - Razr V3

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 31, 2005 3:43:30 PM

I'd apprecite some help.

I recently got a V3 (Cingular). The manual mentions a SIM card PIN
code. Since I did not get a code from the place where I bought a phone,

I call Cingular customer service and asked for the code. The customer
service rep would not give it to me for "security" reasone. Is this
normal?

I'm thinking I own the phone, including the SIM chip, and hence have a
right to have the code.

I'd appreciate some comments from those with more experience with cell
phones

More about : sim card pin razr

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 1:33:21 AM

In article <1122835410.799515.80910@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Martin <metpx3c@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I'd apprecite some help.
>

>I recently got a V3 (Cingular). The manual mentions a SIM card PIN
>code. Since I did not get a code from the place where I bought a phone,
>
>I call Cingular customer service and asked for the code. The customer
>service rep would not give it to me for "security" reasone. Is this
>normal?
>

>I'm thinking I own the phone, including the SIM chip, and hence have a
>right to have the code.
>

>I'd appreciate some comments from those with more experience with cell
>phones

That's patently absurd. The first thing I did when I got my new Cingular
account was to confirm the default SIM PIN codes so I could lock my SIM
with my own password against unauthorized use. The CS rep I spoke to even
had the PUK code ready in case I ended up locking myself out.

If things haven't changed since earlier this year, the default PIN1 is
1111 and the default PIN2 (which you are unlikely to ever use) is PIN2.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 1:34:01 AM

In article <dcjg31$jkn$1@reader2.panix.com>,
Mike S. <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote:

>In article <1122835410.799515.80910@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>Martin <metpx3c@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>I'd apprecite some help.
>>

>>I recently got a V3 (Cingular). The manual mentions a SIM card PIN
>>code. Since I did not get a code from the place where I bought a phone,
>>
>>I call Cingular customer service and asked for the code. The customer
>>service rep would not give it to me for "security" reasone. Is this
>>normal?
>>

>>I'm thinking I own the phone, including the SIM chip, and hence have a
>>right to have the code.
>>

>>I'd appreciate some comments from those with more experience with cell
>>phones
>
>That's patently absurd. The first thing I did when I got my new Cingular
>account was to confirm the default SIM PIN codes so I could lock my SIM
>with my own password against unauthorized use. The CS rep I spoke to even
>had the PUK code ready in case I ended up locking myself out.
>
>If things haven't changed since earlier this year, the default PIN1 is
>1111 and the default PIN2 (which you are unlikely to ever use) is PIN2.

Woops ... I meant to say the default PIN2 is 2222.
Related resources
August 1, 2005 12:25:25 PM

On 31 Jul 2005 11:43:30 -0700, "Martin" <metpx3c@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'd apprecite some help.
>

>I recently got a V3 (Cingular). The manual mentions a SIM card PIN
>code. Since I did not get a code from the place where I bought a phone,
>
>I call Cingular customer service and asked for the code. The customer
>service rep would not give it to me for "security" reasone. Is this
>normal?
>

>I'm thinking I own the phone, including the SIM chip, and hence have a
>right to have the code.
>

>I'd appreciate some comments from those with more experience with cell
>phones

If you got the phone from cingular there should be a default PIN for
the SIM. Why they would not tell you this code is a mystery. All GSM
operators I've ever dealt with either tell you what the SIM PIN is or
it's in the documentation. VoiceStream for instance always used 1234,
Fido in Canada always used 3436 (FIDO), many European carriers use
0000. It should be no secret what the default PIN is if the operator
certifies that you're a customer! If cingular customer service
refuses to give you the SIM PIN they are brain damaged!

- -
!