How to turn off device/media detector ?

Hello to everybody.

I would like to know if it is possible, under Windows XP, to turn off
this feature than scan everything I plug in my computer (USB key,
external hard drive, camera, memory card, ...), and asks me what I
want to do with it (display pictures, open, explore, ...).

I find this take a lot of useless time, since I know how to use my
computer, and need no assistant or wizard or anything to do things for
me.

Thank you for advance.

Frederic.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

> I find this take a lot of useless time, since I know how to use my
> computer, and need no assistant or wizard or anything to do things for
> me.

obviously not well enough...you still need assistance...

right click on the drive, left click on 'Properties', then click on the
'Auto Play' Tab and set it the way you would like your computer to reacted
to the media you have just inserted.

You will have to do this to each and every drive that you have...that means
that you could customize the way you computer reacts to each drive...