ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series win7 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
There are no Windows 7 video drivers for that chipset. That is quite old technology.

You should consider replacing all that system, or adding a stand alone video card, in the very least, if you want to run Windows 7. Otherwise, you will be stuck with the generic VGA drivers provided by Win 7.

loneninja

Distinguished
^ Almost positive the 200m is a mobile variant of the 200 a stand alone card can't be installed.

I went to AMD's website and looked up a driver to see what I would get, it brought me to this page of legacy devices no longer receiving new drivers.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/integrated_vista32.aspx?type=2.7&product=2.7.2.3.2&lang=English

" AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. "

There is a 2 year old driver there for Vista that may work fine under 7 if you want to try it, but AMD doesn't officially support it. I know from experience that most Vista drivers worked in 7, so it's worth a shot to try.

Jose Marquino

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
To Falcons, who posted on November 19, 2013: The solution mentioned above with the Microsoft Update (Including the link) works like a charm in my Acer TravelMate 2450 (with an Ati Radeon 200M) after trying all the above with no results, just a couple of clicks away. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.