Closed

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series win7 driver

hi need ati radeon xpress 200m win7
5 answers Last reply
More about radeon xpress 200m series win7 driver
  1. There are no Windows 7 video drivers for that chipset. That is quite old technology.

You should consider replacing all that system, or adding a stand alone video card, in the very least, if you want to run Windows 7. Otherwise, you will be stuck with the generic VGA drivers provided by Win 7.
  2. ^ Almost positive the 200m is a mobile variant of the 200 a stand alone card can't be installed.

I went to AMD's website and looked up a driver to see what I would get, it brought me to this page of legacy devices no longer receiving new drivers.
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/integrated_vista32.aspx?type=2.7&product=2.7.2.3.2&lang=English

" AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. "

There is a 2 year old driver there for Vista that may work fine under 7 if you want to try it, but AMD doesn't officially support it. I know from experience that most Vista drivers worked in 7, so it's worth a shot to try.
  3. To Falcons, who posted on November 19, 2013: The solution mentioned above with the Microsoft Update (Including the link) works like a charm in my Acer TravelMate 2450 (with an Ati Radeon 200M) after trying all the above with no results, just a couple of clicks away. Thanks for sharing.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon ATI Graphics