monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
hi i want to know that is this 212 evo is good for fx 8150 or should i get h60 which one is great for lowering temp at full load
i know h60 is water cooling but still hyper 212 evo is cooler which one

nsouter853

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Why not get the H100? It's about the same price difference from the h60 as the h60 is from the 212.

Unless you can't fit a 240 rad. Then go for the 212. Honestly the 212 is fine for everyone unless you want the best of the best (which would be a custom loop).

Then the H60 may be the best choice.

You can, however, just raise the fan of the 212 Evo up to clear the RAM (assuming that you install it parallel to the RAM slots). If you install it perpendicular to the RAM slots, you may need Low Profile RAM (but you may with with a lot after market air coolers, anyway. That's the only real reason to use a closed loop water cooler).

Yeah, that's some tall RAM (I have a Ripjaws X 1600 kit myself).

Well, like I said, if you install the 212 Evo so that the fan is is parallel to the RAM, you can just raise it up (what I would do). It's also possible to just switch the fan to the other side of the cooler and make it a "pull" fan, instead of a "push" fan (it's the fan that causes the problem, as you can see, at least in that configuration).

I honestly don't know what your exact temps will be (too many factors involved to know), but it'll definitely be cooler than that.