Configuring AutoRun

Recently I updated my computer with WinXP SP2. For some reason now autorun
doesn't work when I insert a CD into the CD-ROM. How can I reconfigure this
so it will work?
1 answer Last reply
More about configuring autorun

    Hi Kathy,

    Right click the CD-Drive icon in My Computer and select properties. Flip to the Autorun tab and make
    sure that the desired action is selected for the file types for which autorun is not working.

    Additionally these KBs might help you:

    The AutoRun feature or the AutoPlay feature does not work when you insert a CD-ROM in the drive
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330135

    CD-ROM May Not Run Automatically in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314855

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Recently I updated my computer with WinXP SP2. For some reason now autorun
    > doesn't work when I insert a CD into the CD-ROM. How can I reconfigure this
    > so it will work?

Configuration CD-Rom Customization Microsoft Windows XP