  • Customization
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
December 26, 2004 11:15:01 PM

Recently I updated my computer with WinXP SP2. For some reason now autorun
doesn't work when I insert a CD into the CD-ROM. How can I reconfigure this
so it will work?

More about : configuring autorun

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 4:50:21 AM

Hi Kathy,

Right click the CD-Drive icon in My Computer and select properties. Flip to the Autorun tab and make
sure that the desired action is selected for the file types for which autorun is not working.

Additionally these KBs might help you:

The AutoRun feature or the AutoPlay feature does not work when you insert a CD-ROM in the drive
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330135

CD-ROM May Not Run Automatically in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314855

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User