HEELLLLPPP

BuBzXXL

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Ok I have most of the parts of my PC installed (excluding gpu) and now that I have gotten to the cable area I feel like I never learned how to do it. I need help on which goes where. I'm really confused :??:

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Please post a complete list of components with model number and brand. Your MB instructions will tell you most all you need to know about what plugs into what. If you have specific questions please ask them after reading all you instructions.

what you want to do is pick up some plastic cable tyes..they will help with cable management. the first cables you want to get are the case panel wires..there going to be marked. (power/hd/rst/pwr led/hd led.) there going to go from the case into the mb header. you see it on one corner of the mb. some mb now come with an adaptore...you plug the wires into it then plug it into the mb header. if the case has usb ports and head phone you have to plug the usb cable into one of the usb headers most will say usb1...usb2. there keyed to go in one way. the audio header cable there be a another keyed connected that say front audio or hh header. with that done the power cables are next. the first cable will be the one for the 20-24 pin power. these white connectors are keyed again so there hard to screw up. the next cable is the 2 power cable for the mb. it may be 4 white pins or 8. the power supply vendor will have one or two of the white connectors together. one or two of these cables from the box or guild will be pci power cables for video cards. put them over the edge..power for sata drives can be white four pin molex or the l/j shapped sata power connector. this part and putting on the sata cables use caution. the connectors can snap easy there not strong or deep. trick is to pre fit the cables so you know there not over tight or stressed. sata and ide cables are keyed. sata data are small l shaped connectors. most mb will give you two cables one end most times is flat the other is bent. depending where the ports are on a mb you may have to use the straight end to connect thr sata drive. on the mb the ower guild tell you what ports are 6g and what ones are 3g if you dont have any ssd or 6g hd then connect your hd and cr-rom to the 3g ports.

BuBzXXL

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

i5-3570K
SABERTOOTH Z77
16GB Corsair Ram
Asus Cd Drive
WD Caviar Black
H100 CPu cooler
XFX ProSeries 1000 (overkill I know)