Nokia 3595 USB Data Cable Driver

I just bought a USB data cable (with driver CD) off of ebay, and the
software is installed. I figured out how to get the data cable
connected (kinda of a pain in the arse, but it works). Unfortunatley,
the Driver installation program won't work, and when I check the
Device manager on my Windows 2000 computer, it says that the "USB
Device" is not working properly, but it shows up. Does anyone know
where I can find the driver for this? I have tried searching
everywhere, and i'm not entirely sure what the name of the dirver file
is (possibly ser9pl.inf). The CD has drivers for SonyEriccson,
Samsung, etc, but none for Nokia. I have looked over this forum and
found much information that I already have (how/where to install the
data cable, where ot buy them, where to get the compuer software....)
but I cannot find the driver at all.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about nokia 3595 data cable driver

    These drivers are for a USB cable for a Nokia 3510/3595, but I am not
    sure if they are manufacturer specific:

    http://www.metatech.co.uk/downloads/usbDataW3.zip

    ocryn@yahoo.com (mbuckley) writes:

    >I just bought a USB data cable (with driver CD) off of ebay, and the
    >software is installed.

    Is it a DKU-5 cable? If so, you may require a Prolific driver - my
    DKU-5 requires a PL2303 driver for Winblows which I found on the 'net
    somewhere. [The precise info is on my wife's laptop which isn't here
    right now.] Try googling for pl2303 drivers windows.

    >is (possibly ser9pl.inf). The CD has drivers for SonyEriccson,
    >Samsung, etc, but none for Nokia.

    I think maybe I saw something like this in my Prolific driver zip.

    Good luck.

    --
    <> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
    <> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>

Nokia USB Cable