Sign in with
Your question

SLI doesn't work on boot sometimes, WTF?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 14, 2012 9:19:28 PM

Ok so I have to GTX 470 SLI in the first two PCI-E 3.0 Slots of my P9X79 WS Board that does support sli (up to quad sli in fact!) and on some boot ups I get SLI to work, it shows up in device manager and in nvidia control panel. Then on some boots, about 70 percent of the time, I boot up (after changing completely nothing) and it doesn't work! Nothing shows up in NVIDIA Control Panel or in Device manager (well in device manager of course one card comes up). I don't have a realtech network interface card (I have intel) so that can't be causing the problem. I also have installed the most recent drivers. Any help? Thanks.

More about : sli work boot wtf

March 15, 2012 2:56:16 AM

Come on no one can offer even a suggestion on how to fix my problem?
m
l
March 26, 2012 11:27:38 PM

I switched PSU cables to the default PSU ones and it still doesn't work. I was originally using a two 6+2 pin to 2pin molex adapter. I have a Wireless Card in my 4th PCI-E slot in my Motherboard. Is this the reason of my problems?
m
l
Related resources
March 27, 2012 4:18:28 AM

maybe the bridge is whack, try a new one?
m
l
March 27, 2012 9:47:43 AM

^Agreed, it's most likely to be a faulty bridge, and I'm pretty sure your wireless card is harmless. Heh :p 
m
l
March 27, 2012 9:42:18 PM

lmulder said:
maybe the bridge is whack, try a new one?

-Jackson said:
^Agreed, it's most likely to be a faulty bridge, and I'm pretty sure your wireless card is harmless. Heh :p 

You guys sure about that, I mean it doesn't give me an error saying the bridge isn't working or anything. And once I restart it does work... Hmmm I suppose I'll try it because SLI bridges are cheap.
m
l
April 3, 2012 4:43:56 AM

Sli bridge works fine just tried a new one no difference. Flashed gpu bios, no difference.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 3, 2012 4:50:42 AM

This happened to me a while back, I had to try a different (older) set of drivers and it stopped happening.
m
l
!