PSU and CASE Compatiability

imranfarid99

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
How can i Check whether the Power Supply is Compatiable with the case .....

For Example : IS the Corsair AX1200W Compatiable with the Cooler Master Elite 430

How to Find it

Is there any dimensions with which i can Find it out

Solution
an ATX PSU form factor is 5.9" W x 3.4"H x X.X"L the variable is the (X.X) is the Length. I would say 6.3" Length is about the norm. So look and the PSU dimensions on the retailer's or manufacture's web site and see what the length is.

then look and the case picture where the PSU mounts to see if there would be any thing (like fan mount or drive cage) that would prevent one that is more than the norm it from fitting.

Eye Ball accuracy is all you really have.

additionally, you can visit some of the manufacturer sponsored forums and ask people who own them what the longest PSU that will fit.

there is no database of cases with Max PSU lengths in it. :(
The Corsair PSU is a top-quality product, from a reputable company. The Crappermaster case is a cheap case, made by a dishonest company (fact, not opinion; reviews at HardwareSecrets). I'd say the two are definitely not compatible.

Edit: A little more seriously (not that the above wasn't), any rig that needs a PSU like that (e.g. having multiple, high-power graphics cards) will likely have cooling issues in that case; so no they really don't go together.

Edit2: Check out the Antec 300 Illusion. Higher quality, plenty of cooling, and made by another reputable company. Better all around.

jerreddredd

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
an ATX PSU form factor is 5.9" W x 3.4"H x X.X"L the variable is the (X.X) is the Length. I would say 6.3" Length is about the norm. So look and the PSU dimensions on the retailer's or manufacture's web site and see what the length is.

then look and the case picture where the PSU mounts to see if there would be any thing (like fan mount or drive cage) that would prevent one that is more than the norm it from fitting.

Eye Ball accuracy is all you really have.

additionally, you can visit some of the manufacturer sponsored forums and ask people who own them what the longest PSU that will fit.

there is no database of cases with Max PSU lengths in it. :(

Solution