dumb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2004
Well, as my handle says, I really dont know much about CPUs. I am planning to buy the Pentium D 830 and I am not quite sure if my existing Foxconn 925XE7AH goes with it. I read it supports prescott but can it also be used for the Pentium D since it is also using 90mm?

I hope i understand it right..

If it does not, can you suggest the best motherboard to go with it from Foxconn, Asus, MSI or Intel?

Really appreciate the help.. Thanks!

labortius

Distinguished
May 17, 2004
If Fox whatever it's called is anything like other motherboard manufacturers, going to the website and finding the board should tell you what CPUs are compatible with it.

dumb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2004
aight! thanks guys for the feedback..

However, what motherboard would you suggest best if I were to use Intel Pentium D 830 (3.0G)? Any suggestions if you were only to choose from Intel, Foxconn, MSI and Asus brands? Becuase these are the only brands available here at the moment..

Thanks again!

Giraffe

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
well as far as i know intel dont make any motherboards they only make chipsets.
i have never used or even heard of foxconn so i cant comment on it.
msi is good and a resonable price usually
asus is similar to msi just a bit better for overclocking and slightly more expensive

so basically if you want to o/c get asus if not msi

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
well as far as i know intel dont make any motherboards they only make chipsets.
i have never used or even heard of foxconn so i cant comment on it.
msi is good and a resonable price usually
asus is similar to msi just a bit better for overclocking and slightly more expensive

so basically if you want to o/c get asus if not msi
Hey, Just FYI Intel Does make their own Chips/CPUs and Motherboards dude

Click link and marvel at this wonder

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1766877&CatId=2245

This Mobo supports Conroe(CORE 2 DUO)

feedbrian

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Intel motherboards are very good unless you want to overclock--I think they usually don't have any OC controls in the BIOS. If you're going to go with another brand, I'd recommend ASUS for stability reasons. I'm not sure how overclocking is on Intel-based ASUS mobos.

Also, I'd get a Conroe-compatible board if at all possible. Future-proofing is always a good thing.

Best of luck to you.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
yeah the intel "bad axe" mobo is a good board for the new conroes but as above the asus boards are very good overclockers as u can see in my sig, i have owned intel boards b4 are they are rock solid but lack the OCing :( functionality and versitily of the asus boards, tho in saying that ive kinda shot myelf in the foot as i just upgraded and from what ive seen my mobo doesnt support the new conroes :cry: B@LL@X

djkrypplephite

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
bad axe oc's like a mofo. mos tintel boards have sucked at ocing, however the werehighly stable, it looks like with a good bios flash the bad axe will rock your face off, it's only $200.