Themes GONE???

Hi all, I only have two themes showing up, luna and winxp, not the silver one
or all the other's that came with WinXP. I just re-installed windows xp,
fresh install. I have no idea why they are not there. I cannot seem to
locate them. I have no option of NEW Theme in the pull down menu, only have
browse. I can't find them, How do I get them back?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about themes gone

    If you can't find any themes at all, head over to %WinDir%\Resources\Themes
    and look for files marked Windows Classic.theme and Luna.theme. If they
    aren't there, head over to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#Themes
    and check out the proposed solution on restoring Luna and theme
    functionality.

    Michael Katz
    [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
    "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
    http://msmvps.com/msntral

    This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    "Lera" <Lera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all, I only have two themes showing up, luna and winxp, not the silver
    > one
    > or all the other's that came with WinXP. I just re-installed windows xp,
    > fresh install. I have no idea why they are not there. I cannot seem to
    > locate them. I have no option of NEW Theme in the pull down menu, only
    > have
    > browse. I can't find them, How do I get them back?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    If you are getting the Windows XP style under 'windows and buttons', look under the dropdown menu
    titled 'Color scheme' and you should find the three color schemes there.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Lera" <Lera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all, I only have two themes showing up, luna and winxp, not the silver one
    > or all the other's that came with WinXP. I just re-installed windows xp,
    > fresh install. I have no idea why they are not there. I cannot seem to
    > locate them. I have no option of NEW Theme in the pull down menu, only have
    > browse. I can't find them, How do I get them back?
    >
    > Thanks

Configuration Customization Windows XP