Themes GONE???

December 27, 2004 2:33:02 AM

Hi all, I only have two themes showing up, luna and winxp, not the silver one
or all the other's that came with WinXP. I just re-installed windows xp,
fresh install. I have no idea why they are not there. I cannot seem to
locate them. I have no option of NEW Theme in the pull down menu, only have
browse. I can't find them, How do I get them back?

Thanks

More about : themes

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 8:47:12 AM

If you can't find any themes at all, head over to %WinDir%\Resources\Themes
and look for files marked Windows Classic.theme and Luna.theme. If they
aren't there, head over to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#Themes
and check out the proposed solution on restoring Luna and theme
functionality.

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/msntral

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Lera" <Lera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, I only have two themes showing up, luna and winxp, not the silver
> one
> or all the other's that came with WinXP. I just re-installed windows xp,
> fresh install. I have no idea why they are not there. I cannot seem to
> locate them. I have no option of NEW Theme in the pull down menu, only
> have
> browse. I can't find them, How do I get them back?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 6:51:29 PM

Hi,

If you are getting the Windows XP style under 'windows and buttons', look under the dropdown menu
titled 'Color scheme' and you should find the three color schemes there.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations