oddlyinsane

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Heello guys,
What do you guys think and predict? The 7850 or the upcoming 650 Ti? Both are predicted to be 250 USD (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-Kepler-GPU-GeForce-600-Series,14642.html)
We know that the 7850 is quite close or maybe even on par with the GTX570. The link above states that the 650 Ti will also be 570 performance. :eek:
Also, you guys think PCIE 3.0 will be worth the wait? i have heard that the 580 kind of uses full bandwidth with 2.0.
Thanks.
Oddly :)

Solution

Funny, I recall seeing this exact thing in the Kepler discussion thread... I'm not going to repeat that little argument here...

OP: Can't say until it's out. Considering what we have right now, 7850 and 7870 are awesome cards. What will Kepler do? Wait and see. That "benchmark" image could be entirely fake for all we know.
There have been no rumors lately regarding a GTX 660 card upcoming. The GTX 680 is due around March 22 or 23.

gtx680slideperf_1.jpg

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/26316-nvidia-claims-impressive-gtx-680-lead

sweet! just one more week before being blown away again :)

As always, the high end cards will be released first, and it may take some time before we see the mid and low range cards, and close to a year before we start seeing the duel GPU monsters. So even though the line will be released this month it may take some time before we see a GTX660. My bet is that the nVidia card will be slightly faster in most games, but also a little more expensive. But that is just a blind guess based on how things generally have gone in the past, it is really anyone's guess.

Yeah, it makes a 40% advantage in BF3 look like 400%.

The scary thing is the GK104 chip was originally supposed to be the mid-range GTX 660. It is performing so well against the top of the line 7970 that they changed the name to GTX 680, with a price to match.

G

I think Nvidia was and always will be a clear winner in a competition with AMD of the same generation video cards, because of two undebatable advantages:

1. Fantastic drivers

2. PhysX

And with the GTX 680, now you get to add:

3. Performance per watt

4. Price to performance

5. Multiple (3+) monitor support

I guess the only reason to go AMD this round is..... well, none of the Kepler cards are available yet.

Funny, I recall seeing this exact thing in the Kepler discussion thread... I'm not going to repeat that little argument here...

OP: Can't say until it's out. Considering what we have right now, 7850 and 7870 are awesome cards. What will Kepler do? Wait and see. That "benchmark" image could be entirely fake for all we know.

Solution