Sign in with
Your question

I5 3450 idle temperature

Last response: in Components
September 4, 2012 3:14:29 PM

Hello,

I'm using a coolermaster hyper 101 cooler on an i5 3450 processor.

I'm getting really high idle temperatures. A bit below 50c.

But load temperatures seem okay, a bit above 60c.

This is still significantly higher overall than I expected from the aftermarket cooler. Any idea what is going on?

More about : 3450 idle temperature

September 4, 2012 4:30:12 PM

taiwwa said:
Hello,

I'm using a coolermaster hyper 101 cooler on an i5 3450 processor.

I'm getting really high idle temperatures. A bit below 50c.

But load temperatures seem okay, a bit above 60c.

This is still significantly higher overall than I expected from the aftermarket cooler. Any idea what is going on?

That does sound a bit high. For reference I just built a computer last weekend and my 3570k with 212 evo idles around 35c. I played csgo for a few hours and hwmonitor had a max of 50c on core#2. Did you put on a pea sized drop of thermal paste? Did you tighten the heatsink evenly? You could also make sure all of your fans are turning.
m
l
September 11, 2012 3:01:15 AM

wanderer11 said:
That does sound a bit high. For reference I just built a computer last weekend and my 3570k with 212 evo idles around 35c. I played csgo for a few hours and hwmonitor had a max of 50c on core#2. Did you put on a pea sized drop of thermal paste? Did you tighten the heatsink evenly? You could also make sure all of your fans are turning.

I just junked the cooler.

It was probably the push pins, I dunno. Anyways, it was one of the worst CPU coolers ever.
m
l
September 13, 2012 12:11:05 AM

For future reference,

Reset everything. Reapply the thermal paste and make sure everything is properly placed and plugged in.

Make sure the fan on the cpu cooler is blowing towards the exhaust fan at the rear of the case.

Please contact support if you have further questions.
m
l
!