Warning when open file from server

Jan

Hi again!

How do i remove a security warning when i open i file from our server with
windows xp pro sp2 install?

This is what i get when i open a file, but i do not have the check box
"Always ask before opening this file".
The waring do not say "Do you want to run this file?
it say Do you wan't to open this file?
http://www.uwec.edu/help/WinXP/sp2-security.htm#open

The file we are open is a *.ws and if we press open it fins the associated
program.

Any sugestion to remove the warning?

Regards Jan

Jan wrote:
> How do i remove a security warning when i open i file from our server
> with windows xp pro sp2 install?
>
> This is what i get when i open a file, but i do not have the check box
> "Always ask before opening this file".
> The waring do not say "Do you want to run this file?
> it say Do you wan't to open this file?
> http://www.uwec.edu/help/WinXP/sp2-security.htm#open
>
> The file we are open is a *.ws and if we press open it fins the
> associated program.
>
> Any sugestion to remove the warning?

Please CROSS-post in the future.. Multi-posting is very annoying.

Add the server/domain to your Internet Options -> Security tab -> Local
Intranet -> sites.. -> advanced area..

--
<- Shenan ->

Jan

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Jan wrote:
>> How do i remove a security warning when i open i file from our server
>> with windows xp pro sp2 install?
>>
>> This is what i get when i open a file, but i do not have the check
>> box "Always ask before opening this file".
>> The waring do not say "Do you want to run this file?
>> it say Do you wan't to open this file?
>> http://www.uwec.edu/help/WinXP/sp2-security.htm#open
>>
>> The file we are open is a *.ws and if we press open it fins the
>> associated program.
>>
>> Any sugestion to remove the warning?
>
> Please CROSS-post in the future.. Multi-posting is very annoying.
>
> Add the server/domain to your Internet Options -> Security tab ->
> Local Intranet -> sites.. -> advanced area..
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

Sorry for the cross-post.

The file is on s:\ map from \\10.220.100.28\ja100ro
Should i add the ip number?

//Jan

Jan wrote:
> Sorry for the cross-post.
>
> The file is on s:\ map from \\10.220.100.28\ja100ro
> Should i add the ip number?

Hmmmm...

I think it needs to be by the name you map it as - FQDN that is..
(Fully Qualified Domain Name..)
For example, if your server is fileserver.local.intranet, then that is what
you would put in. I do not believe the IP number will work.

Not sure what that is?
Try opening a command prompt and typing in this command:

ping -a 10.220.100.28

Whenere the 10.220.100.28 is the IP of the server. It should come back with
something like:

Pinging fileserver.local.intranet [10.220.100.28] with 32 bytes of data:

And you want the name right after the word "pinging"..

--
<- Shenan ->

Jan

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Hmmmm...
>
> I think it needs to be by the name you map it as - FQDN that is..
> (Fully Qualified Domain Name..)
> For example, if your server is fileserver.local.intranet, then that
> is what you would put in. I do not believe the IP number will work.
>
> Not sure what that is?
> Try opening a command prompt and typing in this command:
>
> ping -a 10.220.100.28
>
> Whenere the 10.220.100.28 is the IP of the server. It should come
> back with something like:
>
> Pinging fileserver.local.intranet [10.220.100.28] with 32 bytes of
> data:
>
> And you want the name right after the word "pinging"..
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

I try to add the ip number and s:\
Reboot and the warning gone.