BSOD every 20-30 minutes

BoOoM

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I wanted to ask this before I start taking everything apart.

A year ago I built a desktop for a friend and just recently he's been getting the BSOD 20-30 minutes after every boot. This is strange because it boots up normally and works just fine until it hangs and then the BSOD pops up.

I've checked all the connections so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm sure this has been asked before but do you guys have a checklist I can go through to try and solve this? or maybe a utility that diagnoses the problem? Is this most likely a ssd problem? or maybe ram? Thanks in advance

At the top of this forum there are stickeys that have troubleshooting tips to try. Has the bios been updated? In the Windows action center have you tried looking at the event viewer to see if it recorded the reason or the stop code? It does sound likw there is a conflict with something either hardware or software. Has he recently added any hardware or software and if he did add software or an update you can try to do a system restore back to the point before he started getting the blue screens.