No SLI Option in Nvidia Control Panel (2) EVGA GTX 560ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosey85

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Gentlemen,

I have been rummaging through the forums here and all over the net for several hours to no avail. I have seen similar posts but none that completley matches my problem. I just installed a second EVGA GTX 560ti hoping to run SLI. I have installed 2 cards in another build before and have never had this problem. The option for SLI is missing in the nvidia control panel. I just has the Physx configuration. The two cards I have are IDENTICAL. They both show up in the nvidia control panel and in the device manager. They are installed correctly and firmly in the correct PCI-e x 16 slots on my computer and I have tried 3 different brand new bridges to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the nvidia drivers several times, and I have reinstalled old drivers as well, again to no avail. I have tried 285.62, 285.79, 295.73 & 296.10. I have heard something about the new Realtek LAN drivers that Windows 7 finds conflicts with the SLI capabilities and have yet to be able to locate a viable legacy driver that will work. I am running a Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 motherboard, yes it is SLI ready, an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T CPU, 8GB of G.Skill RipJaws RAM, using Windows 7 64bit. I need your help guys, I wanna see my GTX 560ti's perform like they are supposed to. I have built several computers and I have never seen this happen. Please HELP :( . Thanks ahead of time for your help.

xninelives

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

Jesus dude you've had some serious issues enabling SLI. Its a bitch alright, I really do feel your pain. Sometimes I get SLI sometimes I don't. Really ******* annoying. What helped me though enable SLI at all was that I needed to enable SLI in the bios. On my ASUS P9X79 WS board I have to select a preset in order for it to be enabled. I don't know what it is on a Gigabyte board but, find it and enable it. Let me know if it works. Good luck, I truly mean it.

bosey85

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Thank you guys for the responses. I forgot to mention that I had already talked to EVGA technical support and they apparantly have never heard of this happening, I guess they are oblivious to the 100 forums I went through that had similar problems. They just told me to talk to Gigabyte. However, I did manage to find a work around! While searching I found download hack that bypasses the requirements to use SLI by modifying a windows setting. I downloaded, installed and restarted. Windows boot manager popped up with 2 options; one for regular windows 7 and the other for Windows 7 with SLI Patch. Booted up with the second option and viola! The option has appeared in the nvidia control panel and everything works fine! :)

bosey85

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Well, apparently the patch does not work, or something is wrong. I just tried to play Batman Arkham City and there was so much flickering that if I had epilepse I would have seizure. Tried calling Gigabyte and apparently they are closed so I will have to give them a call in the morning. I am wondering if I just need to update my bios. However, I have had bad experiences with doing that. I have flashed 3 motherboards following the instructions to a T and basically bricked them. Any other guesses? All is welcome. Thanks.

bosey85

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
PROBLEM OFFICIALLY SOLVED!!! Updated bios to the latest version, reinstalled nvdia drivers and presto! I actually tried games this time for proof! Works Great!

xninelives

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

Dude I was just having problems with my cards, and now on windows 8 consumer preview they all disappeared. SOO much better. Applications run with less RAM, and with better overall performance. Nvidia has special drivers for windows 8, 296.17 compared to 296.10. Windows 8 is better than you'd think dude. The tile screen is a little bit annoying at first but you get used to it trust me. Its so worth the update. No offense now I'd never think I'd say this but *** windows 7. Except for that start button... Anyways happy you fixed your problems.

bosey85

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010

That sounds awesome! I think I am actually going to give Windows 8 a shot. Just been waiting for some feedback on it, I have been anxious as heck to give it a shot.

87ninefiveone

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
As a heads up, I was having the same issue with a couple of EVGA 560 Ti's, sometimes they would show up and be able to be SLI's sometimes not. What solved it for me was rolling back to a previous version of a Realtek Ethernet driver for my board's onboard ethernet ports. This is apparently a known issue with some P67 and Z68 boards.

DigChaos

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
I'm having the same issue as you, i'm running a similar motherboard as you (GA-990FXA-UD3) Which version of the RealTek NIC drive did you end up using that worked? Also you said you got it working, was that only because of that SLI hack thing you were talking about? Which version of nVidia drivers were you ultimately running that worked too?

Status
Not open for further replies.