Are these temperatures safe?

Scaleo

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hello,

I recently have been playing Battlefield 3 on a ''lower end computer''.
Though the game runs pretty smooth on the computer, but I am a little bit worried if I am damaging my computer.
I do not now if this is even possible to damage your computer, but I just want to make sure that I just can keep playing when it reaches these temperatures.
My system specifications are:

Core 2 Duo E7600 @3.06GHz : at idle: Core 1=36c Core 2= 38c at full load: Core 1=54c Core 2=48c (I am worried, because I have never seen them being so hot)
GTX 550 TI : at idle: 35c at full load: (around) 75c
RAM : 4 GB

And, yes I know that a Core 2 Quad processor is highly reccomended, wich I will be getting within the two months, but I do not yet have the money for that.
So the Game runs at full load for my processor (100%) but the game keeps playable.
I play Battlefield 3 on a 1440x900 resolution and with everything on low, except for the textures that I have set on high.
Please tell me if I am damaging my system, because this really keeps me from playing Battlefield 3.
Thank you.

caqde

Distinguished
From what I have found the max operating temp of the E7600 is 74C of which you are nowhere near those temps so the CPU is well within its operating range. Keep playing you are doing fine :)

Just remember to keep your case clean every month or so by using a compressed air to blow the dust of the Heatsinks and motherboard.

DM186

Splendid

Your CPU temps are very normal and your 550 is normal as well. I am glad to see someone who hasn't had any bottlenecking with your CPU because of the GPU. I have two 550's.

When I first got them, my first games I played, the temps went up into the 80c's but now the highest they get is about 70c at most. So you are good all the way around. Good luck to you

Scaleo

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

How did you reduce your temperature?