Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Gtx gigabyte 560ti oc and very old intel dg31pr motherboard.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 15, 2012 3:44:45 AM

Will a gigabyte 560 ti oc (GV-N560OC-1GI) work with a very old motherboard such as intel dg31pr? the graphics card is overclocked out of the box and I'm afraid something will go wrong, I don't care about bottlenecks at the moment.

Please excuse my poor english.

Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 3:51:52 AM

yes it will work.

your board supports all the core2duo so i will assume it is pci 2.0 which is what your 560ti uses and won't bottleneck with a good core2.

you may need to select PCI-E graphics in your bios for primary display.
March 15, 2012 4:13:59 AM

i have the same motherboard with a HD5670 wich is pci e 2.1 and i have no problems with it so you should be ok! :) 
Related resources
March 15, 2012 4:32:43 AM

Anonymous said:
yes it will work.

your board supports all the core2duo so i will assume it is pci 2.0 which is what your 560ti uses and won't bottleneck with a good core2.

you may need to select PCI-E graphics in your bios for primary display.

solus ipse said:
i have the same motherboard with a HD5670 wich is pci e 2.1 and i have no problems with it so you should be ok! :) 

yes, but I don't know if the oc "out of the box" configuration is compatible with the old mobo, intel dg31pr does not support overclock.

Best solution

Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 4:46:23 AM

SpanG said:
yes, but I don't know if the oc "out of the box" configuration is compatible with the old mobo, intel dg31pr does not support overclock.

that is a different overclock; your board means for the CPU. the graphics overclock has nothing to do with it. the oc "out of the box" means it runs at the graphic card manufacturer's highest specifications.

it will work and nothing will be damaged
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 4:56:09 AM

I would be more concerned with your PSU than the mobo itself. See to it that you have true rated power of at least 500w. :) 
March 15, 2012 6:16:45 AM

Anonymous said:
that is a different overclock; your board means for the CPU. the graphics overclock has nothing to do with it. the oc "out of the box" means it runs at the graphic card manufacturer's highest specifications.

it will work and nothing will be damaged
ohh, it's fine then, thanks for the explanation!

masterjaw said:
I would be more concerned with your PSU than the mobo itself. See to it that you have true rated power of at least 500w. :) 
I have an antec bp550 plus 550W, so it's ok, I guess.
March 15, 2012 4:12:33 PM

Best answer selected by SpanG.
!