Your oppinions please :) (going crazy soon)

dpg0815

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Hey guys

i know there are literally millions of PentiumD 805 threads, and im sorry that i started another one ;) but anyways, i cant decide what to do , and what would be best for a whole month allready.

the situation:

changed from amdxp3000/1gbdualchannelram/cheapo shuttlemobo/radeonx700 (logically agp due to old arch of mobo...)

to:

pentiumD 805
1gig Mushkin enhanced ddr2 800 4-4-3-10
As-rock 775Dual-880 Pro

and now my problem, i cant do what i wanted to cause i have no chance to controll any voltage with this crap cheap upgrade board, i wanted to go up to 3.33gig but this motherboard is crap and well...not the most stabile thing ive ever had :) problem was i needed to buy that kinda board cause i still wanted to use my old ddr and the agp card (and save some cash if lucky) for that upgrade...but now im thinking, im loosing out on the performance

due to the fact of conroe commin out soon, and the release of allready conroe ready mainboards, i was thinking, would the performancebenefit that i would get from an upgrade to, make sense in my situation:

ASUS P5B, P965 (dual PC2-6400U DDR2 supports core 2 duo for later upgrade aswell)~150€ here in austria
Sapphire Hybrid Radeon X1800 GTO~189€ arround here

my main concerne is, i dont play games like oblivion or fear (at the moment, but chances are very high that once i got the rig i will play them :wink: ) at the moment im playing aoe3 at decent settings, but if i turn on aa/af then it can sometimes can be a bit choppy, but still playable, besides that i play guildwars/quake4/nfsmw and i would love to upgrade my display once in a while (atm still on an old old old 17"crt->would get myself a Samsung Syncmaster 940BF 19") but my graficscard doesnt quite get it at 1280/1024 with aa and af on ;)

so, i guess that covered it all, but ill repeat in short what i would like to

cba with a oc to 2.77ghz (nothing above that is stabile with this crap board)
bought expensive ram but dont get the benefits from them (due to the crap board...) would like to upgrade to a tft but cant really have nice quality with this old graficscard...and cant upgrade the mainboard only cause there are no decent chipsets with agp grafixcard and later conroe compatibility

but still cant decide if i should go for it or not cause i can play everything i like and can do everything that i want to (even folding+p2p and a game at once isnt really a problem)

thanks for sharing your oppinions about this :) cant wait to hear your oppinions (plz 1 thing, keep the "pentiumD 805 bullshitcpu, slow a$$ wtf and what not all to yourself if you are tempted to comment with something like this, very happy with this cpu for the price but quite pissed at the mainboard for sure ;) )

1 thing i that i forgot to mention, the old parts would not suffer from boredom if i upgrade the mainboard/graficscard cause i would just pass that to my mom as shes got my even older amd thunderbird 1.4ghz at home atm...(i got some ram spare for that if she needs so nothing gets wasted :D )

dpg0815

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
thanks for the very constructive statement...

most of the times people complain that the given details are not exact enough and when the whole situation is described then they complain about that the post is too long

jap0nes

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
if you're happy with your current computer, just wait until the new intel cpus come out. then you do a complete upgrade, with pci express, ddr2 ram and other stuff

dpg0815

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
thanks m8, that was releaving some mindpressure heheh

ill do as you said, keep everything going as is and when conroe is out and i can afford it ill just get the cpu/new mainboard+graficscard since prices nearly allways are falling anyways :)

1 problem less :)

DrBlofeld

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
The purpose of games is to enjoy them. From your post, it seems you mainly use your computer for games. If you are going crazy just because a computer frustrates you, then buy an XBox 360 or PS2. It will save you time, money and your sanity.

dpg0815

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
oh definately not, the thing is pc gaming is way more advanced than ps2 (didnt try xbox or xbox360 yet) psp is fine for traveling, but it cant keep up with a pc. better games, a lot cheaper, and for example, san andreas is a lot better (qualitywise) on the pc than on ps2. (thats just my opinion surely but still :) )

anyways, i was just beeing frustrated a bit that i couldnt achieve my goal with what i wanted to spend for it. especially with that ram, i feel like i wasted that cash cause its runnin on 533- 3-3-2-6 1T only atm (rated for 4-4-3-10@ddr2-800) but i guess ill just benefit later when i get myself that core 2duo package ;)

TRENDING THREADS