frodosmom

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Just got a new 660 dell inspiron. Boot is so slow. Blinking line in left had corner goes on for a minute before windows opens. Then takes another minute.

IS there a way to speed it up?

sounds like something is causing the system to hang, could be waiting for the OK from the hard disk to boot. is the hard drive light on or flashing during this time?

either way, if its pausing for a minute after the bios, something is wrong, i would contact dell, considering the pc is new.

You could do that but it's a real pain in the a** and it's a brand new computer. You shouldn't be having that kind of a problem with a brand new OEM computer and it's an unnessary hassle. I agree with das that it sounds like a HDD problem and as he said I would call Dell. The problem is you're going to be talking to some dumb monkey over in India that has horrible tech support.

frodosmom

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012

No external hard drive. Do you think checking the bios would work to see if the boot order has the hard drive first. I am not at home of problem computer so I will have to check that when I go back.