Whitepaw

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Hello there, I recently bought a Gateway DX4860 in hopes to play "Star Wars: The old Republic" Now I can play just fine...On the lowest setting possible. The graphics are just horrid. Now, I love this PC, and would hate to give up my Terra-byte hard drive, so I'm here to ask this!

Would this Graphics Card be enough to allow meto play on high settings, or at least allow my game to not look like a 90's nintendo game? Lol

Also, would I need to upgrade my Power supply? I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Thank you so much for your time and knowledge!

-Auz

Whitepaw

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Ah, thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate it greatly!

My maximum Power Supply Wattage is 300W, and as for the GTX465 - It's not all that expensive, if that'll allow me to run at full potential, I will be all over it. Did a few updates last night, and it seems to be running a LOT better.

As stated before, I quite like this computer, so I'd hate to give it up. Though it is no gaming computer, lol.

If a graphics card wont fix it, I may splurge into something like this http://www.ibuypower.com/store/AMD_FX_8-CORE_CONFIGURATOR right here. Any thoughts?